Grrreetings!

failtegatefarm

Hi! My name is Sheri and I live in Texas. We raise cattle, sheep, and goats and use Border Collies as stock dogs. I started training dogs in the 1980's, beginning with schutzhund, AKC obedience and tracking with German Shepherds. I later moved to flyball and agility with Belgian Tervurens. I began doing Search and Rescue work in the mid 1990's. (My last cadaver dog just passed away in June.)

I'm a crime scene investigator for a large metropolitan city and no longer work cadaver dogs. (dead people on-duty and off-duty gets old!) Now all my dogs are either working police dogs (hubby is a K9 officer), retired police dogs, or working stock dogs. Because I'm a firm believer that "a mind is a terrible thing to waste," I am constantly trying to find fun things to do to keep the dogs and myself entertained and recently started trick training my youngest Border Collie. We both find this vastly entertaining! She is a clever student and we are only limited by my creativity (or my inability to convey to her what I'm trying to teach!)

I found your forum and thought it would be a great way to touch base with other dog trainers and get ideas for fun and positive ways to teach new tricks.

You can see pics of my dogs and read my farm blog and csi blog on my website. :dogsmile:

sheri
failte gate farm
Home

snowblind

Welcome! This place is virtually endless resource of ideas when it comes to dogtricks. BCs are supertalented in every way so let me play a fortuneteller and see some pretty neat tricks and huge amount of fun in your future :)

failtegatefarm

Thank you for the warm welcome! I've had a blast digging through the old posts and viewing video links. This place is a treasure-trove of information!

sheri

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome from a fellow BC owner/love! Indeed, there's TONS of great info floating around here. Certainly not lacking in inspiration and creativity here. You should be able to find literally hundreds of trick ideas.
Enjoy the site, and have fun! If you have any questions feel free to post them in the lounge.