Greetings For Florida

gmomkids

Hi all , My name is Gina . I am interested in continuing my education and stumbled across this page. I grew up here in Fl and worked with horses & dogs most all my life . I have trained 3 service dogs for myself throughout the years and now work with others training theirs. I currently have a husky SD and also do alot of rehab for rescues . I have some permanent fosters . In my home is 3 huskies , one wolf X, and a German SHepherd (retired SD) I also work with a few disabled people that need transportation which is dog driving. We have sulkies , scooters and a few 3 or 4 wheeled type dog pulling carts . I usual purchase them from Chalosulky or Diggler. They are great for the high energy dogs . We also have kayaks and spend our summers on the sandbars & islands.
My passion is to help the rescues raise-funds/have more foster families learn about how to handle behavior problems through workshops .
I got involved in dog training when I was in my early 20's and had an issues with my hands so I taught my dog to get my keys, purse, pick up items , open doors ...many things that I needed done on a daily basis...bring the horses in ...take them out ...ect. Then I spent some time in the service also learning dog training ...although I do not use this at all anymore. I was certified as a behaviorist with United K9 Professionals and one of the main rescues that I want to help raise funds for is Merlins Kids .They take rescue dogs and rehabilitate them to become service dogs for kids & disabled. We are working on doing a distance ride to raise funds for them in the fall .
MY SD dog is a extension of me ...without him with me all the time life would not be the same but the three of them can take my places !
Looking forward to learning here as well !

Attachments

running_dog

Honored Member
Welcome to dog trick academy! You sound like you have a lot of fun with your dogs. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your dogs and probably quizzing you about training :LOL:.

Merlins Kids sounds like a brilliant charity to support.

My dog Zac used to come kayaking with me but I've not been out paddling for a while as I'm concentrating on learning to sail a dinghy at the the moment.
Zackayaking2.JPG

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA! Sounds awesome how you have 'stumbled' across Service Dog training initially and well done for helping so many others along the way! Lovely to have you on the forum!