Going to get a Dachshund today.

caseycade6479

Well my parents have a toy poodle 18 weeks old, going to get a dachshund today about 10 weeks. Im going to try the training program on this site and I pray that it works, what im trying so hard to train him but Im not connecting. Thanks guys Ill post pics when I get a chance.

hudson

caseycade6479;15275 said:
Well my parents have a toy poodle 18 weeks old, going to get a dachshund today about 10 weeks. Im going to try the training program on this site and I pray that it works, what im trying so hard to train him but Im not connecting. Thanks guys Ill post pics when I get a chance.
Congrats. My first dog ever was a dachsund! Sammy was awesome - way more goofy than most. They're great dogs - big dog attitude in a little dog body.

Check out "kikopup"s videos on youtube - they're great visual demonstrations on how positive reinforcement works. In this video, she demonstrates teaching a chihuahua puppy "Leave it" totally from scratch, so you can see how it works with a dog who is initially struggling and arguing with you. Great reference for timing.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Hi and congrats on the new pup! The videos in the classroom are very helpful and will teach you how to use positive reinforcement. The lounge is wonderful for troubleshooting. If you run into any issues, post your questions in the lounge and one(or probably more) members is likely to respond pretty quickly. ^^ Good luck with the pup!

yvonne

Oh I am jealous, I want one too!

Good luck with the new puppy and post some piccies please :)