Fozzie- Irish Terrier Cross

freedomdreams

Hi everyone,

So the first dog from the group I will introduce is Fozzie, as special request from a member :)
Fozzie is about 2 years, turning 3 this year I believe. He is an Irish Terrier cross.
Fozzie's story starts off with him being a rescue who needed to be fostered. He was seen on Kijiji advertised for free.. but the man who owned him was offering him for meat. So a lady we knew from a rescue stepped up and got him and my dad fostered him.. eventually deciding to keep him. We have owned him since he was 7 months old and he has been a great part of the family. He spends practically all day running around as fast as he can with Bentley our Boxer and Sizzle our German Shepard. He definitely shows a lot more of the terrier characteristics.
Here are some photos off my cellphone :) I'll take some new ones soon, I'm sure if my dad would allow me to get him groomed and cleaned up he'd look more the part but everyone loves him as his scruffy self.

Attachments

sara

Staff member
Awe I LOVE him! Scruffy is better anyway LOL. I hand strip Oliver, so he stays in the proper, dirt-proof wire coat, but I always leave the scruffy face and legs... well, except last fall I decided to see what he'd look like stripped all over... but I won't be doing that again, he looked all wrong :)

Gordykins

Experienced Member
Huh? What do you mean "offering him for meat" Or are my tired eyes playing tricks on me??

He is a cute pup though!

freedomdreams

Huh? What do you mean "offering him for meat" Or are my tired eyes playing tricks on me??

He is a cute pup though!
The guy who was rehoming him was willing to give someone to eat, which is why a rescue and ourselves got involved to ensure he obviously wasn't in this situation.

Gordykins

Experienced Member
Wow! Thanks for saving him. I hope that nobody would have been rotten enough to take the guy up on that offer though.