Fleece Leash Question

Dlilly

Honored Member
Has anyone on here ever made a fleece leash or tug toy??

I'm wanting to make some fleece leashes and toys for the dogs, but I'm guessing it would be cheaper to just buy them all new leashes then to make them…

Where did you buy the fleece, and how much did it cost per yard?? I know Walmart sells fleece, but I'm not sure what their prices are.

Dogster

Honored Member
I made 2.:)

I bought the fleece at Fabricland. I braided it (3 strands) and it cost about $7 per leash.:) Hope that helps!!!

Dlilly

Honored Member
I made 2.:)

I bought the fleece at Fabricland. I braided it (3 strands) and it cost about $7 per leash.:) Hope that helps!!!
Did you buy them online or did you go to the store? I've never heard of that store before, I'm not sure if there are any around me. I'll have to 'google' it.

Dogster

Honored Member
It's a store.:) I'm not sure if it's in the US though. But I bet there are many places where you can get fabric at a low price.

Dogster

Honored Member
Dogster how strong where the fleece leashes?
They're prteey strong. They stretch a bit, but you can always rebraid them. Shivon tugs on them (she's a strong tugger) and they're in pretty good shape. I also use them on regular walks.:)

MaryK

Honored Member
They're prteey strong. They stretch a bit, but you can always rebraid them. Shivon tugs on them (she's a strong tugger) and they're in pretty good shape. I also use them on regular walks.:)
Thank you Dogster. Ra Kismet has now stopped tugging, just a wee swing at times with other dogs, so he should be fine with them. Zeus, "tug what's tug"? he needs a new lead and never tugs.