First Timer With Border Collie Dog

wenie

Hello to everybody,I'm from Townsend Tennessee,first timer for a Border Collie (puppy)...It's my pleasure to learn to how to train her while she still puppy...As soon i got time i will upload her picture.....:)

Evie

Experienced Member
OMG!!! Welcome!!! Border Collies are SOOOOO much fun.... but I hope you have HEAPS of energy... because they certainly do. I have a 11 month old BC so I should know :p

But they are such great dogs!! I suggest you invest in a 'clicker' to help you train your puppy using positive reinforcement. Then training will be as much fun for your puppy as it is for you! My Evie LOVES training... she gets so excited when she sees me get the clicker out because she knows training is always fun. Clicker training is (in my opinion - and everyone else here on the forums opinion) the best way to train and border collies in particular respond REALLY well to it.

If you have any specfic questions, do ask. We're a friendly bunch and more than happy to help :D

Very happy to see you've come looking for information about how to train the little one! Come to think of it, that's how i ended up here too :rolleyes:

Goodluck! For any puppy questions eg toilet training etc. have a look in the 'puppy' forum or if you can't find your answer there, just ask :)

WELCOME!

Oh and, we need pics. <3

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome:) You've come to the right place to learn the best way to train your BC puppy. Evie is right, BC's are fun and have HEAPS of energy.

Do invest in the clicker, they're the best piece of training equipment you'll every buy. Dogs respond so quickly to clicker training. My boys only have to see me reach for the clicker and trick bag and they get madly excited and they know training is coming. In fact, my youngster will 'remind' me it's training time if I'm a bit behind times:D, That's how much he enjoys his training!