Feeding Time At My House...

MaryK

Honored Member
Awwwwwww that's just so cute!!!!!!! I love they way they're all sitting like angels, not a single paw out of place!:love::love:

Dogster

Honored Member
Adorable!!!!! :love::love: They're all so well behaved!!:) I'm surprised none of them are stealing food from eachother... If I had more dogs, I bet that would happen, lol.:p

sara

Staff member
Well, Mouse and Boo had no respect, at first, but Oliver and I have taught them to leave the other dishes alone. Mia learned in one feeding the rules, mostly because she takes the longest, and she takes her cues from my three goofballs. What I really like is that they all know which dish is theirs and run only to that one :)

Honored Member
Adorable!!!!! :love::love: They're all so well behaved!!:) I'm surprised none of them are stealing food from eachother... If I had more dogs, I bet that would happen, lol.:p
When we first got Lewis this happened. Lewis was used to free feeding at his previous home but we like to give Holly two meals per day (morning and evening) so it took Lewis a while to get used to eating more in one sitting. He would eat so slowly and muck around, he'd walk off and have to be encouraged to keep eating if anything distracted him and wouldn't finish his bowl of food so Holly did what you would expect and helped herself to his food if no one stopped her (and stopping her was usually enough to put Lewis off his food - it's a good thing he was a solid weight when we got him).
He eventually started to finish his food but he was slower than Holly so she would go over and help him when she was finished hers (and he never stopped her).
But after a change in diet (he came with horrible super-market biscuits that he didn't seem to really like) and generally getting used to our house and getting used to having two meals it sorted itself out and now half the time he finish's first.

So I'm sure that if you got more dogs it wouldn't take long for them to figure it out :)