Feeding Schedule?

freedomdreams

Hey there everyone!

I was just wondering what is everyone's feeding schedule like for their dog? Currently the puppies are on Orijen Large Puppy, and we would feed them 2 cups a day split into 4 feedings.
We are currently switching them now to have just two feedings in a day, What would you say are appropriate time frames now to feed the dogs at- I usually always will feed them at 7:30 in the morning after they go outside when I wake up. But I'm really not sure what time I should feed them in the evening...5pm ?

Honored Member
I feed our dogs breakfast between 7:30 and 8am (when I get up) and dinner around 7pm (except on days when we have agility or obedience class as those start at 6:30pm so the dogs don't get a proper dinner on those days. I give them part of what they would normally have when we get home - the amount depends on how much treats they got at class).

When Holly was a puppy she had lunch around 1pm (I think she was nearly a year old before we stopped that - she loved her lunch) and I think we might have given her dinner a little yearlier than they get it now (I walk them before dinner so it makes it a little later).
The dogs usually get put to bed/last toilet around 11pm (or sometimes later depending on if anyone is staying up later).

kassidybc

Experienced Member
I usually feed Chloe breakfast at about 7 am and then dinner at about 6 pm. It really depends on what we are doing that day.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Breakfast is between 6:30 and 7:30, depending on whether it's a running day for me. Dinner is 6 pm, but he starts lurking around the kibble pail at around 5:30.

freedomdreams

thanks for all the different opinions! I've been really busy so haven't been around much!

We took the puppies to the vet for their shots on Monday, and aside from everything being good and getting deworming medication- the vet asked us to up the feeding the 3 cups a day for both of the dogs, so they are back to eating 3x a day.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
thanks for all the different opinions! I've been really busy so haven't been around much!

We took the puppies to the vet for their shots on Monday, and aside from everything being good and getting deworming medication- the vet asked us to up the feeding the 3 cups a day for both of the dogs, so they are back to eating 3x a day.
That's a lot of puppy food!

MaryK

Honored Member
I try to feed 7.30.-8.a.m. when I get up but Leaf sometimes decides she wants it earlier, probably because sometimes my partner feeds her at 6.a.m., so she wakes me up then to be fed. Night feed is around 6.p.m. depending on what we're doing, class nights she's fed a lot later and amount depends on how many treats she's devoured!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Veronica has breakfast around 9 am.

She has dinner at 4:30 pm. 4:30 on the dot. Not a minute later. If it's later she is at risk of dying from starvation. I'm not making this up, she is VERY clear on this point. (put the sound up so you can hear the pitiful whimpers caused by crushing pangs of hunger :rolleyes:)

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Veronica has breakfast around 9 am.

She has dinner at 4:30 pm. 4:30 on the dot. Not a minute later. If it's later she is at risk of dying from starvation. I'm not making this up, she is VERY clear on this point. (put the sound up so you can hear the pitiful whimpers caused by crushing pangs of hunger :rolleyes:)
How does she manage to last 16 and a half hours til breakfast, if she can't wait 8 hours for dinner?!:eek::LOL: She must be on death's door!

MaryK

Honored Member
Veronica is a lady who knows what she wants and when she wants it!:D Woe betide any person who forgets that!:eek:

The piteous sounds of her crying for food would move the hardest of hearts.:cry:

Forget her bedtime cookie? Oh dear, now that really would be an unconscious thing to do!

Veronica is just gorgeous so who could resist her!:love:

MaryK

Honored Member
Veronica is a lady who knows what she wants and when she wants it! Let no one forget that fact!!!!!!!!!

I can see her fading away in the video, poor girl, and hear her whimpers of total distress:eek:

And of course, all young ladies need a bedtime cookie. Does she prefer any particular flavor?