• I want to try

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • We do other things

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vizzla

Experienced Member
We went to the newly opened dog-swim :-)
Alf didnt know how to do it and didnt have the right tecnique.
Theo was a natural! He just went for it. Look at him go!

Since Alf didnt use his muscles right we will have him swimming so he gets better. The instructor said that they can see emediatley if a dog has backpains, so it feels safe to have him swimming and building muscels.

Do your dog swim?

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
That is awesome. I wish we had dog-swim facilities, but I haven't found one in my area. Remi loves to swim but we only get to do it when we visit family . It's one of his favorite activities but sadly not something he can do as often as we'd like. :)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Missy likes to swim. But she barley ever gets to because I can usually only talk my mom into taking me to a dog beach at the lake once a year. Sometimes I'm able to find parts of my creek that are deep enough for her to swim in. This summer while my parents aren't home I'm going to bring her in the pool.:sneaky: Chase also loves to swim, he hasn't been swimming in 6 years?, but this summer I'm going to take him to the lake.

Vizzla

Experienced Member
Yes they are hard to find. This is the only dog swim in the north of Sweden and has just opened. Now summer is near so we will have him swin in an lifevest in the ocean.

Honored Member
Holly "swims" in the creek at the dog park. It isn't actually deep enough in most places for her feet to leave the ground and she wont jump into the deep bit yet where all the retrievers/labs etc go. She is getting more confident in the water:

Dogster

Honored Member
Cool video!!:)Shivon doesn't get to swim much. She went swimming almost every day at the cottage last year, and at the dog beach (but it's not fenced in so I can't take her there unless she's on a leash) I wish there was a facility like that close to here... the nearest one is 2 hours away.:( Plus Lake Ontaio isn't exactly the cleanest lake out there...:sick:

blacknym

Experienced Member
I wish Deja would swim. She does not like the water though. She steps in it and that is. Wussy. LOL