Dog Blanket

achieve1dream

Experienced Member
Does anyone know of a place that sells horse style blankets for dogs? Also have you had experience with it? How long did it hold up? Was it waterproof?

Thanks!

storm22

Experienced Member
i have a weatherbeeta, dog rug, but im from nz, but they do have a website, they are great it can even handle some tugging game the dogs do (much to my yelling at them to stop) weatherbeeta has different rug styles to suit your dogs needs but i have the kennel rug and thats really waterproof and great really hardy and i can just throw it in the washing machine if it gets to muddy (which with storm it does)

achieve1dream

Experienced Member
Great! Thanks! I had looked at that brand because I'd heard good things about the equine version, but didn't know anyone personally who had one of the dog kind. Glad to hear it's durable. I was worried about that. Jackal's going to be so happy to have a real blanket this winter instead of one of my shirts. :)

storm22

Experienced Member
yes i have a problem horse, blue, he loves to play with other horses and they bite each other, thus ending in ripped covers but they havent riped thruogh their weatherbeetas touch wood

i love weatherbeeta, horse and dog gear

stormi

I also recommend the weatherbeeta. Both my cockers and Breeze have the "Landa" style and I've found them excellent. Storm must have had hers for 4 years now and it's still good (she only wears it on her walks when it's tipping down though). The other brands I tried weren't as thick or as waterproof.