Does Your Dog Whine A Lil Bit When He Sees His Dog Pals Coming Along?

Does your dog whine a lil bit when he sees his friends or dogs he likes?

• My dog has issues and does not yet like other dogs yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never noticed one way or the other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Just random question,:rolleyes:
does your dog give a soft little whine when he sees his dog buddies?
Whether it is out the window, or coming down the street while you are walking your dog,---------- if your dog sees a dog he LIKES coming along,-------- does he whine?
Even a very soft barely audible soft little whine??

Not when the two dogs ARE greeting each other, or are together,
but as they are moving towards each other from some distance, does your dog give a soft lil whine??

If your dog is not a gangsta dog like mine,
does your "normal" friendly dog whine at most dogs he sees,
or just ONLY at the sight of his known friends coming along?

Or just never happens for your dog?

Or, if anyone has a dog who whines when the dog sees "enemy" dogs???,:eek: post about that, too!

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO REPLY!!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I can't take Remi out yet, but with Chance, now that he is getting better with other (small) dogs I walk him more. He will whine and try to get to the other dog, as long as the other dog isn't bigger than him. If its a big dog we go in the opposite direction. He will whine and then it turns into a growl. But with smaller dogs he will do this weird puppy type whine and wag his tail. I say weird because it starts really quiet and then gets louder and louder, into a howl but also a whine at the same time. Its cute with small dogs.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
This is Chance making the noise when Remi was bothering him. But its the same noise he makes with other small dogs. The only difference is he looks happier with other dogs, not with Remi. (Please excuse the mess. My roommate doesn't know how to clean her room.)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Missy whines when she see's other dogs and as we get closer it gets louder and if she doesn't get to go meet the dog she gets frustrated and starts barking. I'm not sure if this is friendly or not(I'm pretty sure it's "I wan't to go say hi to the doggy"), because she's only been introduced to two dogs both of which she liked.
It's interesting that Buddy whines when he see's friends does he do this with some dogs he has never meet? Does his soft whine always mean I like that dog can we go meet him?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"It's interesting that Buddy whines when he see's friends does he do this with some dogs he has never meet? Does his soft whine always mean I like that dog can we go meet him?"//

Yeah, Buddy whines to see his dog pals, whether it is cuz Buddy sees them passing by his yard, or out his window, or sees them coming down the street when Buddy is out on his walk-----he sees his pals = he whines.

buddy NEVER whines at dogs he dislikes OR will dislike,:mad: never happens. To Buddy, a whine must be like blowing kisses? lol!

Yes, Buddy's whine is always the same message------"mom, i LIKE that dog, can i go meet it? huh? huh? can i mom? please? i like that dog!"
Buddy occasionally will whine for dogs he has not yet met,:eek: but if Buddy whines,:D Buddy WILL like that dog.:D:D:D
so far, Buddy has NOT lied about this once.:ROFLMAO:

Buddy gives this soft whine, when he sees dogs he knows and likes out the front window,
and he has recently started whining at a new dog on his street :D YAY!!!!

when he sees that new neighbor dog out the window, (after being honked off at this dog for about a year..:rolleyes: , but yay for the whine now!! that means they will be pals now)
so i KNOW i can NOW introduce buddy to that dog, cuz i have heard Buddy whine about that new dog.:D

buddy has never ever aggressed to any dog he has ever whined at, never. Occasionally, every once in a blue moon, Buddy might bark around at his pals, even pals he has whined at, but, it's not aggression, there are occasionally some over-excitement moments here or there,
and Buddy occasionally corrects his friends, but, it's not aggression. OH I KNOW Buddy's aggression really well, it's hard to miss!!:ROFLMAO:
Near as i can tell, my dog IS the nice dog in most playtimes:LOL: , Buddy has very good manners, and buddy is NOT a pushy dog either,
and buddy is NOT over the top in his infrequent but well deserved corrections to dogs he likes,
IF IF IF IF Buddy likes that dog.....

Buddy plays great with his KNOWN doggie pals,
yet, still hates most unknown new dogs.....:cautious:
*sigh*.

but yeah, his whine, is a 100% GRRRREAT sign...for *my* dog. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY!!!!!

Honored Member
Holly has a doggy friend now.

She never used to and would pretty much ignore other dogs unless she was off leash (and even then she would ignore large dogs because she wasn't sure about them) becuase I wont let her pull over to them.

But she has made friends with the labrador (Oscar) that is in both her agility and obedience class.

The first time she was allowed to play with him he was so gentle with her and lay down so she could jump on him that it has made her far more confident about greating other large dogs (but if I call her to me she will still ignore dogs - I usually do this if the dog is leashed and she still isn't 100% comfortable playing with large dogs, escpecially if they try to jump on her).

So now when Oscar arrives at class she whines and pulls towards him and wiggles and puts her front paws up (that's how she plays with him when he is standing, by going on her back legs so she can reach him :LOL:). When they play her head fits inside his mouth :ROFLMAO: .

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"So now when Oscar arrives at class she whines and pulls towards him and wiggles"//

yes, see, that is same as Buddy, too, he WHINES for dogs he LIKES!
btw, this exciting and wonderful new friendship of Holly + the big dog sounds very cute!

Anneke

Honored Member
Cooper has started to whine too. But I'm not sure wheather it is because he likes the dog, or because he is frustrated. He knows he is not allowed to lunge and he has better selfcontrol.
His bodylanguage is pretty relaxed when he whines, but I still don't trust him enough to go and meet the dogs he whines at.
I do know he whine at dogs he does know and likes. There is a huskymix he knows(I used to walk her a lot a few years back, when Cooper would still come along on the walks with customerdogs) that he whines at. But he doesn't do this with all the dogs he knows and gets along with.
Jinx does it too, although her whine sounds more like a growl:D

Dogster

Honored Member
Ohhh dog.:rolleyes:
Shivon and Carmel....
LOL, as soon as we turn the corner, and Shivon sees Dogcrazy's yellow house, she starts to whine.:rolleyes::cautious::p She's crazy about Carmel. And Carmel is crazy about Shivon.:love: Carmel barks when she sees Shivon, Shivon whines. We have our own little canine orchestra!!!!:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:2

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
lol, i just realized, Buddy also whines for places he likes, too.
Buddy has a most excellent GPS system built into his brain, and he always knows just where his favorite places are, (even in the town next to our town,:eek: Buddy knows when we are about to pass by a place he likes, and perks up, and gets into position to see it coming along)

and if i drive by his favorite places, he gets on proper side of SUV to admire it as we pass by, and Buddy whines and whines to see the park or the school yard or whatever....and then, if we do NOT pull into the parking lot,
Buddy groans and slumps to floor as if he has been shot,
just shocked and totally bummed out we did NOT stop there...:ROFLMAO:

what a drama king....:rolleyes:

Dogster

Honored Member
lol, i just realized, Buddy also whines for places he likes, too.
Buddy has a most excellent GPS system built into his brain, and he always knows just where his favorite places are, (even in the town next to our town,:eek: Buddy knows when we are about to pass by a place he likes, and perks up, and gets into position to see it coming along)

and if i drive by his favorite places, he gets on proper side of SUV to admire it as we pass by, and Buddy whines and whines to see the park or the school yard or whatever....and then, if we do NOT pull into the parking lot,
Buddy groans and slumps to floor as if he has been shot,
just shocked and totally bummed out we did NOT stop there...:ROFLMAO:

what a drama king....:rolleyes:
Shivon does the same thing....:rolleyes: what a drama queen:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO: oh, i know, it's so hard not to bust out laffin when dogs do this! like cartoon dogs or something, makes me laff so hard when he groans and acts like he's been shot cuz we drove BY the park instead of pulling into the park...
dogster,
now our 2 dogs are the drama king and queen of non-begging dogs...:ROFLMAO: