Does Your Dog Have A Favorite Way To Entertain Himself?

MaryK

Honored Member
My two must be hard of hearing, neither reacted, but then it's close to feeding time so maybe that's the reason!!!!!! Only the sound of their food being prepared is of interest to them right now:rolleyes:

Zeus entertains himself by trying to get to the cat's litter boxes (eating kittie krunches is a fav. pastime) at present he's trying to demolish the 'great wall of china' built around the litter boxes - was awakened this morning by the sounds of the 'wall' being demolished!!!!!!!!!!!! He's also into sleeping a lot.

Ra Kismet just loves to sit by me that's his fav. 'alone' pastime. Oh when in season, pinching fruit off the trees, that will keep him entertained for quite some time.

Dogster

Honored Member
LOL, I love Royal!!! He's too cute!!!!!!:love::love::LOL:

Shivon's favourite way to entertain herself is taking a bone or ball (most of the time, a bone) and dropping it on the floor, then scratching it and pushing it around the house.:ROFLMAO: That's why our hardwood floors are all scratched, LOL.:LOL::cautious:

She also likes to put her toys behind hard-to-reach places, then she tries to get to them, and if she can't she barks at her toy for a while, and then comes and barks at me to get it for her.:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
When Remi gets bored he will go get a few of his toys. run around the house, and then drag the toy bucket into the living. He will usually find something to destroy, if he isn't finding something to destroy he isn't happy. :rolleyes:

If those attempts fail to get my attention he will stand there and bark at me, or sigh and lay down at my feet.

kimkats000

Bas loves to get one of his toys and throw it up in the air and catch it. He will also throw it on one of the cats and start barking at them! LOL The poor cat just looks at him like WHAT???? That is why we only leave the soft toys out otherwise the cat's heads would never be the same.

Kim

Linda A

Experienced Member
Bas loves to get one of his toys and throw it up in the air and catch it. He will also throw it on one of the cats and start barking at them! LOL The poor cat just looks at him like WHAT???? That is why we only leave the soft toys out otherwise the cat's heads would never be the same.

Kim
LOL! Poor kitty!!

raymond upton

jerryy's favorite thing is to dump his toycrate over then spread all the toys around the living room then totes the crate around for a few minutes then plays with most of the toys for a few seconds each before he decides which one he really wants to play with also he loves to chase a frisbee

Caiti

Experienced Member
Royal is adorable. :)

Wylie has a stuffed octopus with really long felt legs and he loves to 'kill it'. He holds its body in his mouth and shakes t as hard as he can and all the legs go flying and hit him in the side of the head.

Linda A

Experienced Member
Royal is adorable. :)

Wylie has a stuffed octopus with really long felt legs and he loves to 'kill it'. He holds its body in his mouth and shakes t as hard as he can and all the legs go flying and hit him in the side of the head.
That's funny! Have you tried capturing him killing it?

sara

Staff member
Well, Boo entertains himself by sleeping in my lap, though if I am sitting on the floor, he will go get a toy, push it against my leg, and growl like I'm playing tug with him... in this way I can play tug with all three dogs seperately, at the same time! LOL

Mouse is a spaz, and runs around like a loon with toys, blankets, beds and Oliver, she also has a favorite pastime if de-stuffing toys and beds... she thinks it's funny to make mom clean up after her! LOL

Oliver will grab a toy, and run back and forth, squeaking it (if it has a squeaker still), and arm chair fetch is also a great game for him :)

Linda A

Experienced Member
Well, Boo entertains himself by sleeping in my lap, though if I am sitting on the floor, he will go get a toy, push it against my leg, and growl like I'm playing tug with him... in this way I can play tug with all three dogs seperately, at the same time! LOL

Mouse is a spaz, and runs around like a loon with toys, blankets, beds and Oliver, she also has a favorite pastime if de-stuffing toys and beds... she thinks it's funny to make mom clean up after her! LOL

Oliver will grab a toy, and run back and forth, squeaking it (if it has a squeaker still), and arm chair fetch is also a great game for him :)
Sounds like they keep you on your toes. LOL!