Does This Make Your Dog Howl??

Did your dog howl to the scene at minute 42:42?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, he just barked

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, no reaction at all

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
My dog howls to music,
and he especially enjoys howling to gospel music.:ROFLMAO:

We found this out when this movie was on, and my dog ran over and began howling along to the scene in church,
where Howie Mandell howls to the song "Onward Christian Soldiers" at min 42:42.

SCROLL THIS VIDEO TO MOMENT 42:42 AND PLAY NEXT MINUTES, maybe a few times, over and over,
and see if your dog howls to that scene too?
Your dog might bark at first, and then, work himself into a full blown howl...

^my dog actually howls better to that song, than he howls to clips of actual wolves howling. My dog seems to much prefer Howie Mandell howls, to a real wolf howls!!:ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
After finding out this movie, "Walk Like A Man"
makes Buddy howl,:love:
we now have it taped into our DVR (paused at just that scene, too)
and when i say "Sing the Blues?"
Buddy runs over to tv set,
and waits for "his" song to cue up..
and then leaps up for his first notes of his first howl,
and then stands there, howling his lil heart out,
chin up as high as it will go,
his front paws almost look like he is on tip-toe to get that chin up higher,
tail softly wagging, howling over and over and over.

Sometimes, in the summertime, if the windows are open, Buddy also runs over to windows and howls out the window.
Adorable.

Here is most fascinating part of all---------sometimes, for reasons we can not figure out why, sometimes,
Buddy will---on his own----go over to the tv set, and stand there, with his nose pushed onto the tv screen, waiting........
We haven't yet played the clip, nor have we asked "Buddy sing the blues?"
we are just watching tv, okay?
but my dog, will, occasionally, "ask us" to play "his" clip!!!

Buddy continues to stand there, with his nose pushed onto the tv screen, waiting...and waiting...like a frozen dog statue, staring at the screen at the end of his nose,
waiting and hoping his song will play. <-----This cracks us up every time, we literally laugh til we get tears in our eyes, you have to see this!

If we ignore this, eventually Buddy sort of briefly glances at us, over his shoulder, whines a bit, and then, resumes his "frozen dog with his nose on the tv screen" stance, til we play "his" song.
THEN he leaps up, and howls, and howls and howls-------- we hit rewind a few times, while Buddy belts out long slow soul-tugging howls, over and over,
til he is satisified.:D

guess buddy needs to howl now and then, but, he can't howl aCapella...?:LOL:

amazing, to me anyway, that sometimes, Buddy "asks" us to play his song!!!:eek: It amazes me, that somehow Buddy knows we can make that song play in the tv set...??!! How does he know WE can control that song in the tv set, i always wonder...

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
you might have to play that scene a few times, to allow your dog to "get in the mood" to howl, first times, it took my dog a moment or so, to advance from barking at it,
to howling along WITH it...

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
My dog tends to give better, more soulful howls at night time, better than daytime. I also think Buddy's howls when his 'daddy' is out of town sound sadder.

I once had a neighbor ask me, if i heard some dogs or wolves howling last night? rofl.

Dogster

Honored Member
LOL, that must be cute when he howls!!!:D Shivon never howled in her life, and that church song doesn't do it, unfortunately. Shivon does bark at wolves howling and dogs barking on the computer, though.:)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
for real, just *my* dog howls at this?:eek:

my dog is easy to howl anyway, :rolleyes: he howls along with many types of noises, even some sirens make him exicted but he doesn't quite howl for firetrucks, luckily....
Buddy also howls to lots of noises on tv or on youtube.

and Buddy also reacts to animals on tv, and dogs in the computer, too. :eek: Buddy will ONLY watch animals on tv or on the computer, though, not people, not scenes, just ONLY animals.

he actually even watches tv....a pal of mine thinks that is very very weird, as her dog has zero reaction whatsoever to dogs on tv or in computers. She says her dog knows the dogs and cats on tv are not real,
but no one has told Buddy yet. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

we even have a video called "Pet Babysitter" which someone gave me, cuz their dog wont' watch it. Buddy LOVES it.
It's a video of animals, like a few minutes of some mice running around,
then a few minutes of some squirrels,
then geese, then bunnies, etc etc.

Buddy is mesmerized by it, even sniffs the screen repeatedly, trying to smell those hamsters...he follows the hamster back and forth on the screen, staying close to it, leaving dog-nose smears all over the tv screen. O_o We had to teach Buddy he can't jump up on the tv screen, too, when that video plays.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
My dog howls to most of the Geico PIG ads, too: (the real ad on tv is a big longer, and for this short of video, i have to hit replay a few times to get Buddy to howl)

or their ad, with the squealing pig in a ski-lift, also makes my dog howl.

Anneke

Honored Member
Jinx reacted to the first howling movie:D It was really cute to see. She tilted her head and let out a low woof. So I thought lets do that again! She came and sat next to me doing the same thing, so I wanted to film it. But then she lost interest....
She did watch the piggy movie, but nope no howling.
I tried this the other day, when there were howling wolves on tv. She watched it, but no, no howling. Just one low woof.
I just remebered that Shane, my last dog, would howl. Picture my boyfriend and me on the sofa, dog in between us. We would start howling and Shane would bark and then work up to a howl. He wasn't very good at howling, but we had great fun doing it:ROFLMAO:

and Buddy also reacts to animals on tv, and dogs in the computer, too. :eek: Buddy will ONLY watch animals on tv or on the computer, though, not people, not scenes, just ONLY animals.

he actually even watches tv....a pal of mine thinks that is very very weird, as her dog has zero reaction whatsoever to dogs on tv or in computers. She says her dog knows the dogs and cats on tv are not real,
but no one has told Buddy yet. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Jinx watches tv too!!!! Cartoons, dogs, cats, horses, sometimes monkeys. Some commercials, especcially when there are dogs in it. And she will always review our trainingvids with me:D
Sometimes I make vids of the dogs that I walk. She knows a few of them and I swear she recognises them. She has this extreem headtilt when she sees herself or a dog she knows.
Cooper on the other hand has no interest AT ALL in tv of pc. He will sometimes let out a bark when there is an agressive dog barking in a movie.
Jinx has been watching tv ever since she was a little puppy. The breeder told me she was the only one in the litter that would sit in front of the tv:D
I have been trying to film her while watching tv, but so far, every time I grab my camera or phone, she will stop and watch me instead:rolleyes:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
TOO FUNNY ANNEKE!! I would have so so loved to see a film of you, your bf, and the dog all howling together on the sofa!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::D:p

I'm so glad there is at least one other howling dog around here!!

//"And she will always review our trainingvids with me:D"//
bah haha!! too funny!!:ROFLMAO:

now Buddy, first times he ever howled, he looked embarassed about it,:love: so we praised him hugely for howling, over time, he got better and better at howling.:D He can now move from sound asleep into a full blown howl in about two seconds!! rofl!

somewhere, i do have a clip about 30 seconds long, of Buddy howling but it's from years ago, but i will try to find it..

ISN'T IT FUNNY
how some dogs DO watch tv, and other dogs ignore it entirely??

cartoons? i have to see if Buddy will watch cartoons!!:ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: TOO FUNNY!! when Buddy heard his pig squealing, he came zooming in here and howled while i watched adorable Jinxie trying to figure out what the heck IS that noise!!! rofl!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
darn. i've been playing old DVDs and stuff, trying to find the one that has a film clip of Buddy howling..........it might be gone. darn...