Dasy Went To The Vet.

rouen

Experienced Member
Dasy hasn't been acting herself lately, and has had some joint pain. It started when my mom took her for a 2 mile walk. For a 3 year old dog 2 miles should be easy. She came home, went to sleep and woke up stiff and barely able to get up. She didn't get better after a couple of days so we scheduled a vet appointment. She started acting better last night, even played with Dingo. Of course she was in no pain for the vet. They did a snap HW/4dx test, it showed a positive Lyme. She's on a round of Doxycycline now and the vet is optimistic that she should recover and may not even show chronic symptoms due to her immune system fighting it off on its own. Just thought I'd give you guys an update cause I've been a little absent.

sara

Staff member
A little absent??? I haven't seen you post for quite awhile!!! I was wondering if you left us completely :(

Poor little girl! I hope she fully recovers!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I had noticed you were gone, wondered where you'd went, glad to see you back,
but, so so bummed about Dasy, i don't know much about Lyme in dogs, hope it is not too serious.

wow. How long does vet think Dasy has had this? probably no way to know, right?

rouen

Experienced Member
We know she had a tick on her last fall, it's possible she has had it since then and is now starting to show symptoms. They said she may have had one more recently but I doubt it, her fur sits tight to her body. A tick would have made her fur stick out. The vet thinks that because her immune system was doing a good job on it's own, after the Doxycycline she may never have symptoms again, but it does sometimes turn chronic. Just a wait and see and treat when needed. She's doing good now, we're not pushing exercise because she does get sore. Thankfully Lyme isn't quite as bad for dogs as it is people.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Well, no doubt Dasy IS in good hands with you, Rouen.
And do stick around now that you are back!! Dasy might need extra trick training now that she is not running around as much right now, so hopefully, YOU will be around DTA more often again to stay inspired and for when you run out of trick ideas.