Cop-cop

Anneke

Honored Member
Yesterday I did some training during our 1 and half hour walk. And I desided to try to have Jinx touch my foot.
I had been trying this last year, but she did not want to step on my feet then. Since I have been doing a lot more targettraining(cross your paws) I thought I'd see if she would do it now.
Ofcourse I had no clicker, But my YES worked fine.
She touched my foot, while she was in front of me.
So today I did a session with her, to see how far I could get her to go.
The vid is a bit long, sorry... And the first part is a bit dark, I had forgotten to open the curtains in the kitchen:rolleyes:
BUT she did very good !!! Looks promissing!!

Dogster

Honored Member
LOVED IT!!!!!:LOL: I've been trying to teach Shivon cop-cop (it's in my video, hehe:D) She's comfortable with her paws on mine feet, but I can't get her to PUT them on my feet. Will have to work on that. I can DEFINATELY use your video!!!!!:D

MissyBC

Experienced Member
I will be using your video and I plan to start teaching this to Missy tonight (if she's not too tired), because now I will know where to start. :D Thanks so much for the video Anneke! I'm sure I will find it very handy. (y)

LeviTheOutlaw

great video. Really helps watching others do training. I get a lot of great ideas. One questions tho... when you clicked and treated repeatedly was that giving her a "jack pot"
I was shown to click and just give a bunch of treats one at a time. Is it better to click for each treat you give? Or were you repeatedly clicking for her to keep her foot on yours for a longer period of time?

Anneke

Honored Member
I was clicking for her to stay on my foot. She steps up, but immidiately steps back down to take the treat, so I clicked for staying on my foot.
I know she is hesitant to put her weight on my foot. She will paw at it, but getting her to really stand on it, took a little more time. That is why I clicked and treated a few times.

When I give a jackpot, I sometimes give a few treats at once, but sometimes I will give one, another, another. But a jackpot always follows one click. Mostly I stop the session after a jackpot, but sometimes I use it to show her she is on the right track.

LeviTheOutlaw

Ok, thats the way I have been doing it... one click lots of treats. She looked like she was catching on to standing on your foot pretty good. I can't wait to see her do cop cop. I'm not really sure how that treat earned that name but its a cool trick. Definitely have to teach that one to Levi. It's so funny when he sees me get the clicker and treat bag out. he gets so excited and just starts spinning.... He spins so much, I'm surprised he's not permanently dizzy lol

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
i have not taught cop-cop, (but this thread is getting me inspired to do so!) so i probably shouldn't say anything, but, i saw a video here on DTA somewhere,
where the owner starts with an EMPTY shoe, on the floor,
gets the dog to keep his foot on the EMPTY shoe,
and from there, advanced along to dog keeping his paw on the shoe which now has his owner's foot in it.

(....not sure if that would mess up the dog if you changed shoes!?:ROFLMAO:)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Very good video Anneke.
I taught Missy Cop Cop a few months ago, I used kikopups video on it. It wasn't an easy trick to teach. Sadly I have to reteach it cause I haven't done it in a while so Missy forgot. Usually I end my trick seasons with reviewing old tricks but I managed to forget about Cop Cop.

southerngirl

Honored Member
One thing I did deferentially was I used two books at first and ran across them and my dog Missy would follow me, I would click when she ran over the books than I reduced it to one book. I did this because I couldn't get Missy to put her feet on the book but after doing this she put her feet on it without a problem.

Anneke

Honored Member
I have to watch this vid again. Cos I'm stuck:ROFLMAO:
Jinx will step onto my rightfoot with her right paw, she will step up on my left foot with her left paw, no problem there.
So I had her step up on my right foot and then ask for her to step on my left... So she quickly steps down from right and steps up on left... and the other way around...:LOL::rolleyes:
:confused: Need to get that sorted out... Have tried to put her up on both my feet and then she will stay there, but she just won't do it herselfO_o