Comfortflex Harness Review

southerngirl

Honored Member
The harness is great in all aspects. I love the color, the reflective strip, style,waterproff, BUT like other reviewers for this harness has mentioned the chest strap is two long. I wish that the company would offer both long chest strap and a shorter one. I have had it since July and it looks bran new still. The harness is easy to clean and light weight. I'm really excited to use it over the summer when I take her out on my new paddle board. I'm hoping the strap will make it easy to pull her on if she falls.
http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1771
comfortflex-sport-harness-quick-fit-dog-harnesses-24.jpg

running_dog

Honored Member
Nice!
Good point about needing something to help lift her back on the paddle board. It's definitely a time when you need a harness type thing rather than a collar. Zac's got a buoyancy aid somewhere and that did help to drag him into the boat.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Nice!
Good point about needing something to help lift her back on the paddle board. It's definitely a time when you need a harness type thing rather than a collar. Zac's got a buoyancy aid somewhere and that did help to drag him into the boat.
I'm probably going to get a life jacket during the summer, but if I ever forget it or don't get it right away when summer starts I hope I'll be able to pick her up easily with the harness.

running_dog

Honored Member
I'm probably going to get a life jacket during the summer, but if I ever forget it or don't get it right away when summer starts I hope I'll be able to pick her up easily with the harness.
I suppose it depends how far out you are going, I kind of assumed you wouldn't need a buoyancy aid with a paddle board? We were kayaking and there was no way Zac could swim to shore. If she can swim to shore surely a harness would be enough? I know nothing about paddle boards so please forgive my ignorance!

I hope you have lots of fun anyway :cool:

southerngirl

Honored Member
I suppose it depends how far out you are going, I kind of assumed you wouldn't need a buoyancy aid with a paddle board? We were kayaking and there was no way Zac could swim to shore. If she can swim to shore surely a harness would be enough? I know nothing about paddle boards so please forgive my ignorance!

I hope you have lots of fun anyway :cool:
I would just feel better with her having a life jacket, I can be a bit of a worrier. Also it'll be used for when we are just swimming in the lake.
Here's a paddle board
dkf.jpg ds.jpg

running_dog

Honored Member
I would just feel better with her having a life jacket, I can be a bit of a worrier. Also it'll be used for when we are just swimming in the lake.
Here's a paddle board
View attachment 3175 View attachment 3176
That looks fun :cool:

We used to stand up in our kayaks and paddle sometimes just for fun and once some of us took turns trying to wear 2 kayaks like shoes and kind of walk O_o, we fell in a lot. I miss doing all that, now I only get to kayak on my own (and that is rare) when you're on your own you have to be much more sensible and safety conscious :(.

If you feel she should have a life jacket then go for it, there's no point spoiling what looks like tremendous fun because you are having to worry about your dog's safety all the time.

blakespal

The harness is great in all aspects. I love the color, the reflective strip, style,waterproff, BUT like other reviewers for this harness has mentioned the chest strap is two long. I wish that the company would offer both long chest strap and a shorter one. I have had it since July and it looks bran new still. The harness is easy to clean and light weight. I'm really excited to use it over the summer when I take her out on my new paddle board. I'm hoping the strap will make it easy to pull her on if she falls.
http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1771
View attachment 3166
All ComfortFlex harnesses have overlapping sizing. If the chest strap is to large you might consider dropping down one size which will normally change the chest strap by 1.5 to 2 inches.