Brainwork

Anneke

Honored Member
To end a great year of agility training, our trainer had something completely different set up for us.
Braingames!!
Here's Jinx doing some dogpuzzles, roll the mat, the box with toiletrolls, the tray of balls, the cups and the tower of snacks
Here are the others, starring Amy the jack russel, Kyra the german shephard, Duco the Kooiker, Noa the dachshund, Ginger the aussie and Boef the goldenmix

MaryK

Honored Member
That all looked like great fun and good for the brain too! :)

Given me some ideas for my two, especially Zeus. He needs something to stimulate his brain these days, and the one with the egg carton he could manage laying down. And probably the roll one too.

Anneke

Honored Member
Runningdog, we brainstormed about this one. The ball pool is mine, so are the stacking cups, the dogpuzzles and the rollmat(it is actually a bamboo placemat) We are both memebers of a facebookgroup called brainwork for dogs(dutch page) which has very creative people with loads of great idea's.

running_dog

Honored Member
Runningdog, we brainstormed about this one. The ball pool is mine, so are the stacking cups, the dogpuzzles and the rollmat(it is actually a bamboo placemat) We are both memebers of a facebookgroup called brainwork for dogs(dutch page) which has very creative people with loads of great idea's.
Still great ideas, plus your trainer is even more amazing for being prepared to learn and use other people's ideas as well. And you are inventive as well :).

Here's an idea... Why don't you post a brainwork thread where you describe a toy/puzzle we have to make/set up (it'd have to be common materials) and we have to make it and film our dogs solving it? Just make sure to put a time limit on it though or we'd never get round to it. It could be really good fun.

running_dog

Honored Member
I've just remembered that a while ago I had an idea about doing a thread with a set of dog intelligence tests where we could test our dogs for different skills and aptitude and see how good they are at solving problems. So maybe a scent test, a logic test, problem solving, paw coordination, mouth coordination, etc... but to demonstrate natural skills rather than training. I didn't know where to start but maybe you do, or is it just too complicated?