Bellas Learning To Get In A Box

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Well after her 3rd session she seems to be getting it. Her first two sessions the most I could get in were 3 paws now we have all 4 yay. Notice how she gets in then does a spin round lol am trying to train that out of her by giving her more treats when she just steps in all 4 feet but doesnt turn around.

orpheum

Do you always train this in the same location ?? Because it seems to me that she knows the direction where the treat is being tossed (behind her). If so, you need to throw the treat in all directions. Just thinking out loud ... ;)

If this is not the case and you want her to make less mestakes. Click for lifting her fourth leg but not for putting it down yet. Reward her the second before the turn. And no more "out of hand treats" away from where you want her head to be. Now you are reinforcing the turn by feeding her there even though you click for her 4th paw in the box. I offen hear you clicking while the turning has allready started. Like at 2.58min, that's the position you need to feed her in in my opinion.

What I would also try is like you did at 1.38min Holding the treat in front of her so she is less motivated to turn.

I do love the calmness of your dog !! She is focused and yet no so ... border collie (if you know what I mean) :ROFLMAO:
I remember the first box sessions with my dog ... They ripped the box into a 100 pieces :whistle:

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Nope I normally throw the treat in different directions. Only reason I didn't this time was because of the camera. Shes still getting use to puttin all her feet in and I think by turning shes getting her bearings.

And yes in general although a nervous dog she is a calm natured dog just like my older one is. Luckily Bella isn't really a chew toy although on the 1st and 2nd training session she did have a nibble before she realised it was paws I wanted in not for her to pick it up lol.

Bellas not really a lurer shes more of a thinker. Now Zara would have her nose glued to my hand. Plus this is really only her first time putting all 4 feet in everytime the last session it was mainly 3 legs (no turning round) and 4 legs once or twice.

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
As for the turning she turns whilst she has 2 legs in and as shes turning she puts her other 2 in which makes it hard to not click for the turning. I think like I said I'll jsut reward her more for all 4 feet and no turn see if that works. Thats what I was doing in this video. 1 treat for the turn but more for not turning.