Aussie Or Bc?

kassidybc

Experienced Member
My mom and I have been looking to rescue another dog, so we have been going onto different rescue websites, asking around, etc. We were on rescueme.org, and there was this dog whose owners claimed him to be a border collie mix, but I'm not sure, I think he looks like an Aussie... They found him as a stray a few days ago, he has a docked tail, and in general just looks more like an Aussie than a BC to me. His head looks border collie-ish, but especially in the photo where he has his fur and is standing up, he looks very Aussie-ish. We probably wouldn't end up getting this dog anyway, but I was just curious to see what you guys think, is he an Aussie or a border collie? He is shaved in a couple of the photos.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Also, the owner knows that we are looking for a dog to do agility with, and she isn't sure if he would be good for it or not. She says that food motivates him, but he is very laid back, and she said she isn't sure he would have the drive for it. I think that if he is motivated by food, then he could probably be taught, even if he wasn't particularly high drive. What do you think? Also, she said "He does not seem to be as coordinated as I would think an agility dog would need to be. Maybe he is still just being timid? When I open the door he runs his back end into it (not every time) and he also bumps into walls/furniture sometimes (could be the lack of carpet)." Do you think this is because he is still timid? (She just found him a few days ago). Or could it be some sort of health issue, like a hip issue or other injury?

running_dog

Honored Member
I agree, in that photo of him with fur he looks Aussie plus the docked tail is an Aussie thing. Also that last photo of him shaved, if he was a BC I think he'd have to be really overweight to look so rectangular but from the other photo of him shaved he isn't overweight.

As for the rest I think you would have to meet him and decide for yourself.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Thanks guys, glad I'm not crazy in thinking he's an Aussie. ;) He was never really was an option for us, he's too far away, and he's too low energy and drive for us. I was just curious after she claimed that he was a border collie, wanted to know your opinion. :)