Anyone In The Ottawa, Ontario Area?

sara

Staff member
My sister and her family are having alot of trouble with one of their dogs, Riley. She does not have alot of time to spend researching and reading, but she has committed to spending 5-10 minutes in the evening doing what I tell her to do (LOL). Basically the dog is hyper, and no matter how much exercise they give him, he just gets worse (stamina anyone?) So he needs to do some trick training to help tire him out (make his brain work). However, he just "goes stupid" when she brings out a toy or food, and it just pisses Lauren off. We need to do what I had to do with Mouse... completely remove the food from in front (Lauren is they typical amature trainer... uses luring and the clicker), and only use shaping, targeting and free shaping. If there's anyone nearby well versed in these techniques, and willing to spend some time with my sister to show her what I'm going to be telling her in e-mail... that would be awesome!!!

brody_smom

Experienced Member
No, I am in the opposite direction. But could you send copies of those emails my way? I am a typical amateur trainer too!:p

sara

Staff member
Ya luring isn't going to work. But too late, my sister has moved to Petawawa :) I don't expect to find anyone on this forum in a military town :)