An Expensive Behaviour Problem :-)

running_dog

Honored Member
I found this on youtube... Jess is a dog with an unusual and expensive behaviour problem :oops:

There is also a newpaper article about this story here.

I'm sure the moral of this tale is to keep your dog on leash near roads - you just don't know what it might be getting up to even while you think it is behaving itself!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I saw this on the news last week... Tess my last BC always wanted to chase white cars (only white ones)! As much as I trusted her healwork I could never not have her on lead on the pavement just in case.

Anneke

Honored Member
I knew a dog once, who would do this to driving cars:eek: He was a farmdog and would chase the cars, driving off the property, biting the tire so hard it would go flat with a hiss. The farm owner had to put him on a chain, because he would chew through the leash or rope! He bit my bycicle tire once, when I wanted to go home. Strange how a dog can have this weird obsession. He was a very well behaved dog. Always off leash, never leaving the property, but when cars or bikes were going down the driveway he had to be put on the chain.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I knew a dog once, who would do this to driving cars:eek: He was a farmdog and would chase the cars, driving off the property, biting the tire so hard it would go flat with a hiss. The farm owner had to put him on a chain, because he would chew through the leash or rope! He bit my bycicle tire once, when I wanted to go home. Strange how a dog can have this weird obsession. He was a very well behaved dog. Always off leash, never leaving the property, but when cars or bikes were going down the driveway he had to be put on the chain.
Yikes! That shows you how hard dogs can bite if they want to. The other day I was loading up my van with a bunch of junk to take to the recycling centre. There was an old bald tire that had been sitting out in the rain for a few weeks and was full of water. I didn't want the water spilling out inside the van, so I shook the tire around quite a bit, but I couldn't get it all out. I thought I would get a screw driver and poke a few hole in it and let the water drain out. I couldn't get it through the treaded part, so I tried the side walls where it was thinner. Still I had to push and twist really hard for several minutes to get the tip through the tire. I know with the tire being inflated it would be somewhat easier, but still, that is some pretty thick rubber and it's too big for a dog to be able to get its jaws around, especially if it was moving!