Aliza- American Pitbull Terrier

freedomdreams

Aliza is an American Pitbull Terrier.
She was a rescue from the San Bernadino Shelter in California.
Het intake name was Brooke, she was labelled as approx 2 years.
She stayed with a friend of ours until we could find transport, and she got here on Tuesday!
She has since been spayed, reevaluated at 1 year old, and has had all the works. When she was in the shelter she received a cold and any health concerns were taken care of before shipment.
I am so happy to finally have her home, she is now my own personal dog and I honestly did not believe she would ever come to be in front of me, it was a lot of stress putting it all together, but now she is finally here.

As far as I have tried, she doesn't know any tricks, so I want to get started on that as soon as possible. She is being slowly introduced to our group because she has shown dog aggression inside and outside of her kennel, Delilah who also came with her from this situation( not bonded) she does along with but she gets jealous fast and will try starting a scuffle. So my main goal will be to make her attitude towards other dogs a thing of the past, which.. will take a considerable amount of time.

She loves other people though, and enjoys cuddling. I didn't have any problems on our walk yesterday, and she's loving the snow :)

Attachments

MaryK

Honored Member
She's just so ADORABLE:love: Love that face:love:

She'll come good with socialization, being in a Shelter isn't the most ideal place to judge a dog's character. Any problems, just start a thread, we'll all be only too happy to help.

freedomdreams

Hi there everyone :)

Thanks so much !
She's wonderful so far, loves people to bits and has a ton of energy.
Since she came from California high kill shelter, we had never first hand evaluated them or seen them. They've been wonderful regardless and our friend was wonderful caring for Aliza and my dad's dog until we set transport.
I am going to be starting a thread though as Aliza is dog aggressive... through crate and without and I could use help with it to get her more socialized if thats possible. The shelter when we adopted didn't have the time to evaluate the dogs, regardless of the problems she will be in her forever home, we had walked into this knowing the risks in adopting her.

freedomdreams

I'm not quite sure where to put this, so I figured I would add onto this thread, I wish we had a section to talk about our dogs in general and share photos... kind of like the 'puppies' section

Anyways, I took Aliza out for a romp around the place on a 50' lead as I dont trust her on recall right now and I wanted her to just burn off excess energy. We had a TON of fun. I spent some time technically increasing her drive, usually on our walks I've been working on her walking loosely beside me but this time i would have her run ahead of me and i'd say GO GO GO and she'd dash ahead of me, and then i'd call her back and she would come dashing back, she definitely enjoyed it and I got some really awesome photos out of it as well.

Attachments