About Clickers...

Puppylove

I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is...

Which do you prefer a box clicker or a button clicker? and why?

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
I like the button because it's easier to click with something other than your thumb. I have to say, I like the crisp noise of the box a bit better, but not enough to go back. The thumb tabs can get icky (rusty) too.

Caiti

Experienced Member
I prefer button clickers. It is a consistent sound, easy to press and I don't mind the sound. :)

Dogster

Honored Member
I prefer the ones with buttons, like the starmark and the iclicks. They have a softer sound, which is easier on the dog, and they're easier to click. :)

rouen

Experienced Member
I use a box clicker, all the button clickers sold in my area are hard to push. A few I've tried I couldn't even get to click it was so hard. :eek:

Dlilly

Honored Member
I've only used the box clickers. They are 99. at Petsmart, while the other models are anywhere from $5 to $10.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
I've got both, and it depends on what I'm doing. The box clickers are def cheaper, so I've got several of those, and got them stashed everywhere. The button ones are really convenient sometimes if you need to (for whatever reason) click with your foot - you sure can't do that with a box clicker. :LOL: I went to a training seminar today, and with a room full of people working their dogs, a few with the quieter button clickers weren't getting very good results - so they ran and got them box clickers. The dogs just couldn't hear the 'click'. Presto, instant improvement. Times and places for everything. (y) :cool:

southerngirl

Honored Member
I prefer the buttons they are easy to press and don't really get dirty. But I have a box clicker because they are cheaper.

MaryK

Honored Member
I use the i-click, works well for me. Also they didn't have box clickers on e-bay in Australia.