A Bit Proud

southerngirl

Honored Member
I let Missy outside after I got home from usual and than went to my room to put my book bag up. In my room I could hear Missy bark in the back yard(my room overlooks the back yard. I ran to the door to see what she was barking about. My neighbor had Koda(Missy's biggest reactant) she was about 24ft away. Justin my older brother was already outside walking toward Missy. I called "Missy here" in my I'm dead serious voice she continued to bark at Koda and I could tell she really wanted to run at her, BUT she did not she stayed in our property though she would began to walk forward than turn around and bounce on her front feet she stayed. When Justin grabed her collar she followed without protest. I took Missy from Justin and carried her to the house and while doing so I told her "good girl". Why did I praise her because the other two times she encountered Koda a fight broke out. Missy choose by herself to stay in the yard without me being out there with her.:D I'm proud of her for that.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I'm so happy for you, Danielle. I know you've worked so hard with Missy. I also know how hard it is when your dog's biggest trigger is right next door. It can make life very difficult. But your hard work is being rewarded. It's such a great feeling when you see progress like that.

southerngirl

Honored Member
I'm so happy for you, Danielle. I know you've worked so hard with Missy. I also know how hard it is when your dog's biggest trigger is right next door. It can make life very difficult. But your hard work is being rewarded. It's such a great feeling when you see progress like that.
Thank you. I was really shocked that Missy didn't leave the yard instead of charging to Koda. She is so good about not leaving the yard. It's things like this that remind me that all mine and Missy's hard work is helping.