Yorkshire Terrier Grooming

My-Dog-Tanner

How do you groom a yorkshore terrier? Let me show you how!

Step #1.
You should always bathe your yorkshire terrier before you do anything. Use a mild shampoo and conditioner that is specifically made for long-haired dogs. Many brands are available at pet stores these days. Always make sure that there is no soil or soap residue on your dog's coat before starting to groom.​

Step #2.
Depending on what type of look you are going after, you may need to use a hair clipper to trim your dog's hair. I personally prefer longer hair, but if you must use a clipper, please be sure to use the protective blade so that you never accidentally cut or hurt your dog. See demonstration picture.​

Step #3.
Once your yorkshire terrier's hair has dried (you can use a blower or wait a few hours, depending on your climate), it is now time to groom with scissors. I like to make sure that everything is a proper length and looks lovely.​

Step #4.
Comb your yorkshire terrier's hair with a very fine comb on the head, neck and especially around the ears. Your main goal is to make sure that the hair is not tangled anywhere on your dog's body.​

Step #5.
The final step is to add some uniqueness to your dog. In this picture I braided her hair which to me looks very pretty and gives her a sense of personality.​

Do you own a yorkshire terrier? Share with us your grooming tips and experiences! We would absolutely love to hear from you.