Veronica's Belated Happy Thanksgiving!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
haha I love that first picture. How did you make him sit so still and look into the camera. haha

Thank you! We've done a lot of training and practice with the "leave it" command s0 Veronica is used to me putting yummy things in front of her and making her wait to eat them. :p

She's also accustomed to my camera fetish - so she just humors me!:cool:

She just looks so adorable...and I realise that she is on shoes as well. I tried to put shoes on my poodles but they end up walking on "Sticky legs" and they looked uncomfortable.

Any idea how you trained your pitbull to put on her shoes and walk normally?

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
She just looks so adorable...and I realise that she is on shoes as well. I tried to put shoes on my poodles but they end up walking on "Sticky legs" and they looked uncomfortable.

Any idea how you trained your pitbull to put on her shoes and walk normally?

We just put them on her for a few minutes at a time at first and let her get used to them, put her on leash and walked her around the back yard, then walked up and down the street, then jogged, then ran...she just sort of adjusted (+ she's a little diva and doesn't like being cold...and Heaven forbid...wet!!!) :eek:

Immortalized on film -her walking in doggy boots video :)
(please ignore the bad music - I had used Nancy Sinatra's "These boots are made for walking" and youtube pulled the pull on me because of a copy-write violation. :mad:)

Great video, did it take long for her to progress from 0:30 to 1:47 of the video? Or was the video taken in the same session?

My poodles walk exactly just like in the 0:30 of the video, with sticky legs and later prancing around like a pony. haha. And I got so afraid they might hurt their legs I took them off. So I guess the trick is to just leave them on.

Its great to see your Diva gets to go out on the snow! In my country is so freaking hot that my poodles are dreaming of winter all the time.

southerngirl

Honored Member
I'm a really late, but happy thanksgiving to you too. Love the video and pictures as always.:) I love that V got some Thanksgiving:D . Piper didn't because of her food allergies and to be fair neither did Missy.
I'm looking at getting Missy and Piper boots for when the roads ice over(just a small layer with it being Georgia.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Great video, did it take long for her to progress from 0:30 to 1:47 of the video? Or was the video taken in the same session?

My poodles walk exactly just like in the 0:30 of the video, with sticky legs and later prancing around like a pony. haha. And I got so afraid they might hurt their legs I took them off. So I guess the trick is to just leave them on.

Its great to see your Diva gets to go out on the snow! In my country is so freaking hot that my poodles are dreaming of winter all the time.

It was a few days between those points in the video. We just practiced a little bit every day. I waited until she was completely comfortable walking then took it to a jog and when she was jogging fine - we tried running. I think the trick is just to let them acclimate and get used to having the boots on their feet so they almost forget they are there.