Still Having Problems With "are You Shy"

MaryK

Honored Member
I've tried everything suggested on this forum to get Ra Kismet to put his paw on his nose but *sigh* he's still laying there looking hopefully at me for a treat but nothing else. Paw doesn't go anywhere near his nose:(

Am wondering if the problem is that he wears a Halti when walking, as that goes across/around his nose, he's not concerned enough about anything just placed on his nose to attempt to 'wipe it off'.

Any suggestions? Tried post notes, soft hair band, tickle his nose and the response is zero:(

My boys a bit 'too good' with this one:D

Evie

Experienced Member
hrm, I think you're right, it would be because he's so used to (and happy with) the halti that he doesn't have the normal reaction to get it off of his nose. I'll keep thinking, no ideas come to mind right now, but I'm sure they will eventually! Maybe someone else can help :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Glad you agree Evie, at least I've resolved the 'why'. I'll keep wracking my brains too, so far nothing has come to mind, obviously, hence the post:rolleyes: I so want him to do this trick, because as you know, he's ANYTHING but shy, so it would be all too cute:D

Dogster

Honored Member
How about putting something on his nose large enough so he can see it, and hopefully knock it off???:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Dogster, will try that. I thought the postie note would be be enough but LOL he just lay there with a techno pink postie stuck on his nose:LOL: . I'll find an old ball, not hard in this home, cut off the bottom to make it flat and try that. Not a soccer ball LOL he'd do a bit more than knock that off:LOL::rolleyes:

collie23

I saw somebody teach it as a luring trick. They got the dog to put its paw on the owners hand and then fed the treat on the opposite side (so his nose had to touch under his paw to get the treat) Not explaining it well so will try to find the video. :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Just tried it using a pen LOL instead of Ra Kismet's paw, see what you mean and it's hard to explain isn't it;) Vid would help, thank you:D One thing is for sure, Ra Kismet just cannot resist treats:D Then as he learns to put his paw under my hand, I remove my hand??? Have I 'got it"?:unsure:

MaryK

Honored Member
Sorry server had a hissy fit, had to log out and back in again:(

Downloaded the vid and have watched it:)(y) Thank you Collie23 I have a feeling this is the answer:D(y) Especially at first, where she doesn't use a treat, if my hands are all nice and smelly from treats:D Even the smell of a treat get's Ra Kismet going:D

MaryK

Honored Member
:LOL: Yes Collie 23, now if we could only click/treat computers:rolleyes::D Will let you know, going to start tomorrow as it's 1.0a.m. here and pouring with rain:eek: Have one soaking wet dog Ra Kismet who decided he just had to remain outside:eek: Took a mass of treats to get him back inside and dryish:rolleyes: I usually do tricks outside, without the 'assistance' of Zeus my golden oldie who feels he can 'teach' Ra Kismet much better than I can:D Or more likely, grab the treats;):sneaky:

MaryK

Honored Member
OMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's EXACTLY what Ra Kismet looks like:ROFLMAO: Just change the color of the dog that's all that's needed:ROFLMAO: And he becomes even MORE lovable when wet, so the captions spot on too:ROFLMAO:(y) He just loves to share all the wet and mud:eek::ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
I tried today and got some response!!!!!!!!! It's been literally gale force wind/rain so couldn't do much as Zeus 'helps' with tricks if I work inside:rolleyes: Going to try more tomorrow, will keep you posted.:D

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes, wasn't much response but it was a response, more than past attempts so I am pleased:D He seems a bit puzzled about 'are you shy' "hey Mom I'm not in the least shy what a silly question" :D

Think this weather is going to ease tomorrow, I don't mind it but it's not fair to take the dogs out in it as the wind is really strong and hard to walk against. LOL being English I accept 'bad' weather as par for the course in life:D

Ask Zeus if he wants to go for a walk, he takes one look at the weather and belays for the couch:ROFLMAO: Ra Kismet doesn't mind but today gutters and roads had mini flooding, so he missed his walk and LOL is letting me know big time. Will have holes in the walls if it's the same tomorrow:eek::D He's bouncing off them!!!!!!!!!

collie23

Ha he might start 'face palming' because its a silly question and Voila, (thats good enough isn't it??) :D
I hope for you, Ra Kismit, and your walls! the rain does ease :) trust me the weather is no better here (England) okay... maybe not gale force wind but bad enough :)