Ripping Toys

bekah1001

Honored Member
Brody's favourite thing to do with toys is to rip the toys into little bits! I know its not boredom because we did training sessions and went for a huge walk today. He just loves to lie down with a toy and rip it into tiny pieces. I was wondering if anybody has any toys that you can recommend. I have kongs and bones for him but his favourite thing to do is just rip the toys.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I guess stuffing-free toys won't help much, if Brody is ripping the toys into pieces....

I wonder, if one could somehow train a dog to not rip up toys?

My dog only pulls the stuffing out of some of his toys, if he IS bored, so i have no idea IF or HOW one could possibley approach teaching a dog to NOT shred the toy....
?????????

i wonder if THIS idea could help? for toy ripping? ??Probably, like most training focused on dog behavior, it'd probably require many many lessons to effect a change in the dog's behavior,
and possibly even some ongoing, "refresher" lessons now and then..????

bekah1001

Honored Member
Good ideas! Thanks!!! I cant give him tennis balls for a long period of time hey get destroyed and even the harder hockey balls! I could not believe that he ripped the orange hockey ball to pieces. I'm going to retrain the positive interrupter and invest in some more durable toys!!!:LOL:
He also loves toys that he can shake...maybe ill buy him more of those

raymond upton

Brody's favourite thing to do with toys is to rip the toys into little bits! I know its not boredom because we did training sessions and went for a huge walk today. He just loves to lie down with a toy and rip it into tiny pieces. I was wondering if anybody has any toys that you can recommend. I have kongs and bones for him but his favourite thing to do is just rip the toys.
my dog jerry does the same thing we even tried those fire hose toys no luck with those either i recently found some toys made by hartz they're foam filled rubber squeaky toys they come in a variety of shapes my dog loves them and he doesn't try to destroy them the best part is they're only about three or four dollars i found them at walmart and at the grocery store on the pet food isle