He Caught The Frisbee!!!

Gunnar_&_Me

Thank you Dogster!:) I do a lot of that now, but I'm gonna try the fire game tomorrow. He loves the frisbee he just can't catch it.
I never thought Gunnar would I had almost given up then today I got him riled up rolled it on the ground a lot tossed it up right in front of him a few times let him catch it then threw it and he surprised me so be patient he will catch on when he is ready!

madeleine

Experienced Member
Yeah!!! Congrats to all frisbee catching dogs and there owners!!

Did you know that your way off throwing the frisbee actually influences the catching part off the dog.
The better you throw the frisbee the better and safer a dog can catch it.
And there are dogs that only will catch a good thrown frisbee, and don't even attempt to catch a not so well thrown one. And then there are dogs like Dazzle, who sometimes forget to put out the landig gear..

So if there is one big tip in the dogfrisbee world, learn how to throw s good frisbee :D And thay part you can do withouts dog. And than add your dog when you can do it..
Try some other types of throwing aswell, there fun!!!!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
The better you throw the frisbee the better and safer a dog can catch it.
And there are dogs that only will catch a good thrown frisbee, and don't even attempt to catch a not so well thrown one. And then there are dogs like Dazzle, who sometimes forget to put out the landig gear..

So if there is one big tip in the dogfrisbee world, learn how to throw s good frisbee :D And thay part you can do withouts dog. And than add your dog when you can do it..
Try some other types of throwing aswell, there fun!!!!
Maybe thats my problem! lol I've never played with a frisbee before I got Remi. I guess I need to learn how to throw a good frisbee.

madeleine

Experienced Member
hihi all good things come with practis!
On youtube there are plenty vids on trowing. And on the official sites off the dogfrisbee there probably will also be the basic info off different throwing styles.
Let us know how the frisbee is going!

southerngirl

Honored Member
And there are dogs that only will catch a good thrown frisbee, and don't even attempt to catch a not so well thrown one.
That's Missy, if I throw it bad she won't try catching it.

madeleine

Experienced Member
Like in the movie there a few basic throws. Suvhs as the backhand, side arm (or hand), floaters etc.
From all these you can make variations. Throw one over your leg, beneith your leg and so on, and you get a new variation. People still make new ones so it's a sport in progress yeah!

madeleine

Experienced Member
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I want to get Ra Kismet a frisbee, looks like I will have to get my degree in Frisbee throwing before I attempt to work with him:rolleyes::D Didn't know it required special skills!!!!
It really does, especially when you want to do it safe.
You and the dog can get injured when there is little attention to the details.
:D