*butt sniff*

starbuck

Hey everyone!

My name is Kayla, I'm 20 years old, and I have two adorable furkids. I'm currently attending Vet tech school (with 1.5 years left,) and am working as a vet tech in an emergency pet clinic. In the past I've also worked at an animal shelter for about 9 months (following 4 years of volunteer work there), and worked at a boarding facility for 2 months. I have two wonderful and slightly badly behaved mutts, Zaydah, a 1.5 year old red heeler mix, and Tip, a 3-4 year old mixed breed (perhaps husky or shepherd mix?). They're sweeties but also partners in crime.

They're both shelter dogs, Zaydah i got just over a year ago from the shelter i worked at when she was about 6 months old. She was sick with an upper respiratory infection and was in danger of getting put to sleep. She's a total brat and has her moments of craziness, but loves her momma all the same. She loves stealing food, shredding things, jumping up on everyone and chewing her nails.

Tip I rescued from a dirty, overpopulated shelter where he got virtually no human attention for at least a year and a half. When I first got him he wouldn't eat treats, was terrified of children, he had no personality at all, wouldn't let anybody pet his hips/hind end at all, and would snap if his back legs were grabbed. Since then (adopted him in july), he's now eating everything in sight (including my panties and my thigh highs.... :dogmad:) and is no longer picky, he LOVES snuggling with his mommy, has a great friendly personality, he's completely gotten over his being neurotic about his hips being touched, and now adores children. He still gets very nervous and may snap at people when he isn't near me, (example, at the vet's office when they take him away from me to do temperatures/fecals, etc) but he's made an unbelievable improvement since i adopted him.

And of course, here's a picture of the two spoiled kids sleeping on the couch. :dogdry:

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Nice dogs. I love the way they leave you a tiny thin portion on the couch. Do try and hang on to some underwear, for your own modesty. :)