A Late Summer Challenge: Bubble!

Mutt

Experienced Member
woow she does it so calmly!
the water only moves because of the bubbles, with Mazzel and Boef some water gets splashed out (as you can see the water level drops in the video) hence why I did it outside.

Dogster

Honored Member
woow she does it so calmly!
the water only moves because of the bubbles, with Mazzel and Boef some water gets splashed out (as you can see the water level drops in the video) hence why I did it outside.
She does all her tricks that way...lol:LOL::rolleyes:

Mutt

Experienced Member
haha well Boef also can be quite calm but Mazzel is so enthousiastic that he tends to rush it or using more force than needed, ohh well it doesn't really matter for me

Pawbla

Experienced Member
How do you even capture that?! Hahahaha. Seriously, I have a big imagination problem, I don't have any idea of how you can teach that.

Dice Smith

How do you even capture that?! Hahahaha. Seriously, I have a big imagination problem, I don't have any idea of how you can teach that.
Pawbla, it's actually a really easy and fun trick to teach. :) Here's a training tutorial I made for a friend who wanted to teach this to her rescue min pin. You just need a ton of strong smelling treats and can't be afraid to get wet! :D

Mutt

Experienced Member
Great tutorial dice!
I learned it a bit different:
1. My dogs already knew to touch a post-it on command so I let them touch a post-it that was under a empty glass bowl (that they could see through the glass), so they would actually touch the bottom of the bowl
2. When the dogs got the idea I removed the post-it and let them touch the bottom without the post-it
3. Then I filled the bowl with water and asked the behavior (I filled it completely at once, since otherwise my dogs would just drink from it, but I would recommand first starting with a little bit of water and adding more step by step)
With this step I first clicked for just touching the water, later for putting their nose in the water and finally blowing bubbles.

Dice Smith

Great tutorial dice!
I learned it a bit different:
1. My dogs already knew to touch a post-it on command so I let them touch a post-it that was under a empty glass bowl (that they could see through the glass), so they would actually touch the bottom of the bowl
2. When the dogs got the idea I removed the post-it and let them touch the bottom without the post-it
3. Then I filled the bowl with water and asked the behavior (I filled it completely at once, since otherwise my dogs would just drink from it, but I would recommand first starting with a little bit of water and adding more step by step)
With this step I first clicked for just touching the water, later for putting their nose in the water and finally blowing bubbles.
That's a fantastic way to train that trick! (y) You should totally make a tutorial Mutt. :D I wish I'd thought of that. :)