1-on-1 Daily Training Buddy (online)

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
I am just coming out of a pretty major depressive episode that has lasted about 7 months. I have done very little training with my personal guys and have focused on my clients dogs. My guys have gotten the general rules stuff but none of the passionate play/trick/demo dog stuff that I really like.

I would love to work with someone that wants to work on daily check-ins and training goals. We can check in here or on Facebook. I still need to teach some of my guys the basics, others are working on Therapy Dog training (Star Puppy, CGC, CGCA) and I have a few I want to work towards being demo dogs for events.

BUT

I really would love someone to train with. Someone who is as passionate as I know I am beneath this depression - someone I can be accountable to and who also wants feedback on their training. I don't have any dogs ready to do advanced stuff so I am going to go through and do a training evaluation on everyone to see where they are using Sue Ailsby's Training Levels and my class exams as a guide.

Anyone starting a new dog/pup that wants to catch up daily with me?

running_dog

Honored Member
I'm on DTA most days if you want to check in though I don't have a beginner dog right now.

I do kind of set training goals, they are mainly leading towards 100% recall with Zac at the moment but not actual recall so much as working around distractions (dogs, cats, rabbits, deer, squirrels and my Mum :rolleyes: ), offering attention, building tug drive, and increasing how much Zac is thinking about me when he is not actually thinking about me. I'd welcome advice and suggestions.

charmedwolf

Staff member
I'd be willing to be a training buddy with Isis. I've been working so much on Behavior mod stuff with her that I haven't really taught her anything else.

For training goals, I'm working towards her CGC and then hopefully onward to other obedience titles. If that goes really good, I'll start working for agility titles. And of course a bunch of smaller goals as well.

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I have a service dog puppy in training that I am raising for someone as a psychiatric service dog/ balance dog. I have only had him 2 months, but he is already learning a lot. He is a rescued lab mix who is about 10 months old. We have been working a lot on socializing and public access. He needs more work on nudging, targeting at a distance, and doing tasks in public. We also need to work on some other tasks specific for the person.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I don't have a new dog/youngster but can be here for an ear anytime and would love some feedback on training a dog that can be soooo keen one minute and then just 'cannot be bothered' the next...!

myraellen

We noticed this thread. My friend has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Lotta, who is a little bit over two years old. So, Lotta is a young dog that haven't been trained much because of this:
She is sometimes hard to be trained because she's acting silly. That's why my friend must have pauses in training. There are at least three reasons why Lotta is acting silly in training. One reason is that she thinks my friend is only her playmate. Another reason is that she thinks she'll get treats by acting silly. The third reason for Lotta acting silly is that when she notices my friend starts training her, she gets excited about it. Because Lotta acts silly when my friend tries to train her, it's sometimes difficult for my friend to figure out what to teach to Lotta and how. So, she would need advice and ideas for it. She has already gotten some in this forum, but she would still need some more advice and that's why we wrote also in this thread. We had created this thread:
Tricks Where The Dog Stays In The Same Place

In that thread we told that Lotta is going to be spayed tomorrow. The idea of that thread is that my friend is looking for tricks that can be done after the operation. Lotta should be kept calm after it. So, that is what my friend would like to discuss about now.