Your Dog's Friends

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I was looking through my pics of Ripley for another thread and noticed many I like with her 'friends'
These are some of my favs.

I would be interest to see you guy's favorites too of your dogs with the 'friends' they meet!

running_dog

Honored Member
I can't see your pictures for some reason but here are a few of Zac and his friends, almost all his friends are "tough" dogs because he is a tough dog himself...

This was Poppy our old dog, she taught Zac most of what he knows about adult dog language and politeness.
Zac10monthswithPoppy.jpg

This was his girl friend Maud (red coat), he even defended her from the over boisterous labradors in some of the other pictures. He put himself between them and her and stopped them getting to her. However the course of true love seldom runs smooth and she moved some distance away and he never sees her now.
Zac&Maud.JPG

This is Zac with a crowd of dogs we often walk with, Zac doesn't particularly love them (he reserves love for female long legged elegant dogs) but he gets along with them alright. He heads out at the front of the pack hoping I'll be sufficiently distracted not to call him back in the critical moment before he legs it.
IMG_4036.JPG

Couldn't resist including this one of the labradors although Zac isn't in the picture.
3labradorsIwalk.JPG

And this is a picture of the standard poodle we walk with a lot.
Harvey.JPG

Last but not least Gus, Zac's best buddy.
IMG_3161.JPG

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I was looking through my pics of Ripley for another thread and noticed many I like with her 'friends'

These are some of my favs.
The first ones are of Ripley and her 'best mate' Ollie the lurcher (they are basically inseparable):

The ones below are Barney - Ripley's littlest mate (don't let his size deceive you - he is the boss

In the image below is Rex - he taught Ripley how to play with dogs!

And below is Oz who taught Ripley her Malamute side:

And here are some of Ripleys non canine friends:

Above is Cati, who is the cat from the shop opposite our house. She comes in to our house to see Ripley.

And this is the little white pony that Ripley always runs off to say hello to when we are on a particular walk:

I would be interest to see you guy's favorites too of your dogs with the 'friends' they meet!

southerngirl

Honored Member
First two Missy and Piper the best of friends
Second two Piper and her second best buddy my best friend/sister's dog Lily the Boxer. The two of them stay close to each other when at the dog park, its so cute. My and my friend were really happy to see how well they got along. They're energy level and craziness are the same.
I'll post more pics later. And some of Missy with her only dog friends Copper and Princeton. The pics aren't that great, but they'll have to do for know bc my stupid memory card corrupted.:(

Attachments

MaryK

Honored Member
"Fraid I cannot see the photos either:(

Here are Leaf's photos with some of her pals.

zeusandleafresized.jpg

Leaf with her very best BFF her Big Bro Zeus:love:

Buddystanding1.jpg

Buddy Leaf's BFF at school. LOL impossible to get one of them together they parteeeed too hard!

ChalkyandLeaf.jpg

Chalky and Leaf at School. Sadly Chalky doesn't come any more.:cry:

NiamhandLeafinvestigating.jpg

Niamh and Leaf stopping for a breather after screaming full tilt across the school grounds.

Snowy.jpg

Snowy, a very game littlie who could mix it with Leaf, Buddy and Niamh(y)

running_dog

Honored Member
Ollie is lovely but then I admit I'm just a little bit biased towards lurchers :), is Rex a lurcher/working whippet type too? I'm guessing from the pictures that Ripley plays a bit rough? Does she tone that down for meeker dogs or does she enjoy freaking them out (like Zac).

One day Zac will get along with cats like that (did you see that herd of pigs that just flew over), it would be nice if he got along with ponies too for that matter - ponies he is either chasing (in the distance) or terrified of (close up) :rolleyes:.

running_dog

Honored Member
I love the one of Piper and Missy, Piper has the kind of look that preempts the moment you discover she's eaten your keys or rolled in something stinky :).

Missy is so different from Gus - a breeder of working trial labrador thought Gus was a purebred, internally he obviously has his 50% border collie but appearance wise he's all lab. It just goes to show you can't predict what mutt will result when you cross breeds.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Second two Piper and her second best buddy my best friend/sister's dog Lily the Boxer. The two of them stay close to each other when at the dog park, its so cute. My and my friend were really happy to see how well they got along. They're energy level and craziness are the same.
I'll post more pics later. And some of Missy with her only dog friends Copper and Princeton. The pics aren't that great, but they'll have to do for know bc my stupid memory card corrupted.:(
Love the pics! Sorry your memory card is corrupted be great to see more when you can. Piper is absolutely gorgeous!
It is great that Missy and Piper get on so well! Lily looks very like Ripley in colour and shape except for Ripley Malamute snout!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
"Fraid I cannot see the photos either:(

Here are Leaf's photos with some of her pals.

View attachment 2820

Leaf with her very best BFF her Big Bro Zeus:love:

View attachment 2821

Buddy Leaf's BFF at school. LOL impossible to get one of them together they parteeeed too hard!

View attachment 2822

Chalky and Leaf at School. Sadly Chalky doesn't come any more.:cry:

View attachment 2823

Niamh and Leaf stopping for a breather after screaming full tilt across the school grounds.

View attachment 2824

Snowy, a very game littlie who could mix it with Leaf, Buddy and Niamh(y)
Great pics, Mary! Leaf looks like she is really coming out of herself!
Zeus looks lovely in the first one too - he reminds me of the saying that starts 'He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog' but that he is that for Leaf as well as you. Beautiful!

It seems she is making lots of great friends in school too! Love it!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Ollie is lovely but then I admit I'm just a little bit biased towards lurchers :), is Rex a lurcher/working whippet type too? I'm guessing from the pictures that Ripley plays a bit rough? Does she tone that down for meeker dogs or does she enjoy freaking them out (like Zac
One day Zac will get along with cats like that (did you see that herd of pigs that just flew over), it would be nice if he got along with ponies too for that matter - ponies he is either chasing (in the distance) or terrified of (close up) :rolleyes:.
Ollie is a great guy! He is my partner's sister dog and was a rescue too. She got him a few months after we got Ripley and they have been 'besties' ever since! He was found as a stray and was impaled on a metal fence through his rear leg - the RSPCA were not sure if they had fixed him up good enough to run properly again but they must have done a good job - he can still run like the wind (he runs circles round Ripley)!

Rex is a whippet crossed with some sort of Terrier and can have a serious turn of speed when he wants too as well!

Ripley likes it rough with the right dogs but prefers with dogs like Barney to roll over and let them do whatever they want to her!!! :ROFLMAO: She does like to freak some dogs out though (particularly Labs for some reason!). She is very good at the slow stalk and then go at them at speed, only turning at the last second and missing the dog, when she then turns and approaches waggy tailed (some owners don't get it though although the dogs don't seem to mind!)

Ollie would NEVER get on with cats or ponys either he is in it for the chase!

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Missy's BBF Tilly:

Missy and Jack, the Black Lab:

Missy and Roxy playing together - another one of her BEST friends:

Missy and Rogue, the Flat Coated Retriever, who's now moved away:

Missy and Jasper when she was a pup:

running_dog

Honored Member
Ollie is a great guy! He is my partner's sister dog and was a rescue too. She got him a few months after we got Ripley and they have been 'besties' ever since! He was found as a stray and was impaled on a metal fence through his rear leg - the RSPCA were not sure if they had fixed him up good enough to run properly again but they must have done a good job - he can still run like the wind (he runs circles round Ripley)!

Rex is a whippet crossed with some sort of Terrier and can have a serious turn of speed when he wants too as well!

Ripley likes it rough with the right dogs but prefers with dogs like Barney to roll over and let them do whatever they want to her!!! :ROFLMAO: She does like to freak some dogs out though (particularly Labs for some reason!). She is very good at the slow stalk and then go at them at speed, only turning at the last second and missing the dog, when she then turns and approaches waggy tailed (some owners don't get it though although the dogs don't seem to mind!)

Ollie would NEVER get on with cats or ponys either he is in it for the chase!

Poor Ollie, I'm glad he's found his feet again and has got a whole new life.

So Ripley likes to scare labradors, somehow I'm not suprised. Zac likes to freak out labradors too - most lurchers, working whippets and greyhounds have difficulty relating to labradors so maybe Ripley has caught the affliction off some of her lurcher friends :rolleyes:.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Missy's BBF Tilly:

Missy and Jack, the Black Lab:

Missy and Roxy playing together - another one of her BEST friends:

Missy and Rogue, the Flat Coated Retriever, who's now moved away:

Missy and Jasper when she was a pup:
Lovely pics Missy BC! I love the one with Roxy in particular -Roxy looks very mischevious!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Poor Ollie, I'm glad he's found his feet again and has got a whole new life.

So Ripley likes to scare labradors, somehow I'm not suprised. Zac likes to freak out labradors too - most lurchers, working whippets and greyhounds have difficulty relating to labradors so maybe Ripley has caught the affliction off some of her lurcher friends :rolleyes:.
Maybe she has! She has no malice in it though, it is just that is the way she likes to 'greet' labs! Has got her in trouble a couple of times though with the owners though!

Honored Member
I don't really have any pictures of Holly with her friends (she has a lot though). Lewis doesn't really like other dogs so his only friends are Holly and Skye. Skye hasn't made any new friends yet either.
But here's some photo's of them playing (I love watching them play):

(Lewis doesn't properly play with Skye yet)

Holly and Lewis' cousin (Tebow) when he flew down to visit at Christmas (Holly did play with him but wasn't that happy when he tried to share her chair):

And a dog we met at the dog park today: