Yet another newbie!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by acoustics4me, Nov 4, 2008.

1. acoustics4me New Member

Hey'a guys,

My dog's name is Simba, I'm Michaela (notice that was typed in order of importance). I love most animals, but especially my dog. She's my constant companion (in a completely normal way!) and we are seldom apart. She is a maniac with a torturous sense of humour. She is high energy and needs good walks every day. In the winter when it's cooler I run her by my bike and we go at a fast trott with good gallops in between (on the downhill run cos I can't pedal as fast as she can run) for a good hour. In the summer it's a little more sedate and I don't use my bike as it's quite hot where I live and she would overheat. I've had a lot of dogs but she is my first RR. She has certainly been the most challenging, but definitely my favourite. I look forward to getting to know you all, and your pooches, better.

God bless,

2. Jean Cote Administrator

Hi Michaela! Welcome to the Academy! ;) Sounds like your dog is lucky to have you, especially with all the special time you two spend together. ;) Biking with a dog is great, I've recently purchased myself a springer and it works fantastic with my husky. It was the first time that I could tire her out completely, and she loved every minute of it. :) Well, enjoy the site!!!
  3. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

Welcome Michaela! How neat, far as I know you're the first Rhodesian Ridgeback owner here! They are indeed a very unique breed. Enjoy the website!
  4. acoustics4me New Member

LOL, you know it! These high energy dogs are hard work to make tired! I bike a good 12 kilometers in an hour.....and by the end of it her mouth is still shut (she's not panting). Amazing eh. Wish I had that energy.

Cowgirl...thanks for the warm welcome.

5. johnveryveryveryverylongname Well-Known Member

Hi! So many new members, it's neat! ;)