Who Else Here Uses Dog Power?

Dlilly

Honored Member
Sadly, I don't. The roads here are hilly and people speed. (country roads are not safe!)

When I lived in the suburbs, I did try biking with Shiloh a few times. I stopped because I decided it was a bad idea. She wasn't taught to not chase birds, so you get the picture. :X3:

southerngirl

Honored Member
I ride my bike with Missy but she runs beside the bike. The main reason I don't let her pull is just because I don't want her to also I would be scared of her leash getting tangled or her getting in front of the tire and a thousand other ways one of could get hurt.

running_dog

Honored Member
I expect Zac to run loose leash beside the bike and most of the time he does :rolleyes: .
If there is any likelihood of becoming dog powered we stop.

MaryK

Honored Member
I don't, reason I never learned to ride a bike, used ' four legged horse power more fun' and now, can't be bothered to learn to ride a bike. Plus roads around here are not safe, too many idiots who cannot even read entry or exit signs at the local gas station. Even walking you have to watch out:eek:

jennyw

I recently bought a WalkyDog attachment so that Jess can run alongside my bike, but have barely used it so far. I'm struggling to find a safe place to use it and to actually see if she likes being attached to the side of my bike!

MaryK

Honored Member
Understand about struggling to find a safe place to use a Walky Dog attachment. I don't ride bikes prefer horses (and no intention of learning because it's not safe around here) but partner does and we discussed getting one for Ra Kismet (Zeus would be horrified I mean all that extra work:ROFLMAO:) but decided against it because, like yourself, wouldn't be able to find safe enough places to actually use one.:(

With her liking it, you will probably have to start off slowly, in your driveway if possible, or garden and click/treat, which may be a bit tricky on a bike??

rouen

Experienced Member
In Dingo's younger years I use to bike with him everyday in the summer months. Now that he's getting older we only go once in a while. I'd like to do it more but the gravel/dirt roads actually are harder on his paws than pavement.
I've taken Dasy a couple times, she likes it but not as much as Dingo.
I use a home made outrigger, it's cheap to replace and I can fix it myself.

MaryK, have you thought about carting instead? Jim Walsh makes them in Aus. I was hoping Dasy would get bigger than she did so I could do that with my two.

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
I went for my first "Rocket" ride 2 weeks ago in this... It's my 10 years old- brand new Sacco. My family bought it for me 10 years ago then life happened and I never got it out of the box til finally 3 weeks ago my Son and I put it together.

Seems I jumped the gun! I had thought he knew stop!... Apparently, not when he is going full blast! I'm thinking he needs to learn it a whole lot better! Whoa!!!!
Boy, what a rush though, he is fast!:ninja:
Unfortunately on our maiden voyage I neglected to put the SD card in my camera so no photos or video. It's just as well, I was waaaay to busy to film! Then it started pouring down rain again round here so we're in holding pattern, but working on STOP!
IMG_0016.jpg

I also sometimes have a "Rocket" boost with my springer on my bike, we don't do it very often though cause we leave everyone else in the dust!

Also have a scooter but I want to get a different type of harness and a thing to hold the line out from the wheel. I have decided not to try to do draft work with Rocket he does not do slow- I tought him from a pup to go when I put on his harness and apparently it worked! I'll leave the slow and steady for Diesel.

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
I don't do things without brakes since when I was on roller skates with my rescued Standard Poodle years ago he took off after a cat and I wound up crashing into a telephone pole! So no skateboards or skates for me!

MaryK

Honored Member
I don't do things without brakes since when I was on roller skates with my rescued Standard Poodle years ago he took off after a cat and I wound up crashing into a telephone pole! So no skateboards or skates for me!
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored::D Think I too will avoid all forms of vehicles without brakes, my boy has the urge to chase a cat now and them:eek: