Who Else Has A Canine Artist?

MissyBC

Experienced Member
This was Missy's first try drawing with markers. She wanted to learn, so I gave it a go last night. :)

She actually picked up the piece of Bristol board and put it on the floor... then she went to work:

I know it doesn't really look like much of anything, but everybody's got to start somewhere!

Anyone else want to try?

...and don't forget to keep it positive!! :)

Dogster

Honored Member
Nice work, Missy!!! Shivon painted her first a couple of months ago:
IMG_2013.JPG

Think it's time for a new one!!!!:D

MaryK

Honored Member
This was Missy's first try drawing with markers. She wanted to learn, so I gave it a go last night. :)

She actually picked up the piece of Bristol board and put it on the floor... then she went to work:

I know it doesn't really look like much of anything, but everybody's got to start somewhere!

Anyone else want to try?

...and don't forget to keep it positive!! :)
Great work!!!!!!!!!! (y):love: An abstract piece of art and LOL a lot better than some abstract work I've seen which sells for mega bucks! And yes, I do like abstract art, not just 'representational' art.

Love that she actually choose to paint!:love:

MaryK

Honored Member
O.K. so what paints did you both use? At present have to work on hold with Ra Kismet (not progressing very well on that as yet) but would LOVE to see if the boy has artistic talent.

LOL at the moment his fav 'paint' would be MUD!!!!!!!!! Doesn't have to hold anything, just tramp all over clean duvets, jeans and anything else.

Rakins says - Anyone want designer dog mud prints? Can work on any material, anywhere, anytime! (though 3.a.m. is my preferred time when Mom's just about to go to bed).

Congratulations though I think it's awesome that dogs do have artistic talent, as I said above, their abstract paintings are as good, if not better, than those by human artists who sell their works for a small fortunate. Christies and Sotherbys here comes the new 'breed' of artists!

Ariel

Experienced Member
I do! I do!

Kismet and Karma also painted a shirt for me. I've had several comments while wearing it about working in a preschool or something, and even one about did my kid paint it. I must have looked as if I had grown a second head or something because my only kids are four legged!

I think they've gotten better since then, but I'm still the only one who can read what they write and decipher what they draw.

MaryK

Honored Member
Fabulous! And LOL just as I've been saying, dogs are better artists than the human ones:love:(y) Interpretation is supposed to be in the eye of the person looking at the painting, especially with abstract art!

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Dogster:) Great idea, was thinking water colors but they are tricky to use. :(

Now all I have to do is teach Ra Kismet to hold something, haven't had much luck with that as yet. LOL if it's not food he's not interested in having it in his mouth:rolleyes:

Once I've managed that trick, I can set up the painting one outside, to keep the mess at a minimum. I guess sketch book paper would be fine, although canvas isn't that expensive.

Noticed that Kikopup used a pretty large brush. What size did you use?

Had to laugh at the painted paws and legs:LOL:

Speaking of staining clothes. Zeus and Tiger Lily when they were puppies went in for a bit of body painting and didn't stop there either. They painted everything in sight:eek: Only left them for a very short time and thought my paints where well out of reach of puppies! I know who the culprit was in getting them down - Tiger Lily - she was a lateral thinker, excelled at agility, climbing and getting things off the high shelf. I had to laugh even though the pair of them had ruined quite a number of tubes of very expensive artists acrylic paints. The pair were 'multi colored' dogs with little teeth all the colors of the rainbow. So too was everything else in sight!

Fortunately the paints where not oils - try getting them off a GS who's laid in the paint as friend's young GS did when the house painter left the roller tray on the floor. LOL she went around with a white side for months!

Dogster

Honored Member
I use a regular kids brush, medium size I guess.:) You should make a hande like Kikopup did, to start off with. I suggest duct-taping a stick to the end of the brush.

MissyBC

Experienced Member
I used Crayola markers... but I had to be VERY careful that she didn't swallow the little ends of them, as she could chew them off. I plan to use paint next... :)

sara

Staff member
I think Mouse would be very good at this.... But I would use paint, and mouse could roll in the painting after to colcour her uncoloured half! ha ha. probably a winter time trick :)

Dogster

Honored Member
:LOL:Haha, pink paint of course!!! Yes, I could see Mouse painting....:D How about Boo?? "Pinky and the Brain paint a picture"......???:)