Whitney And Nikita

wobannon

Hello, my name is Whitney and I have a four month old puppy. Nikita is half yellow lab and half samoyed. I adopted her from an animal rescue shelter and I have loved every moment of having her with me! I want to train her with a lot of different tricks because she is insanely smart. She learns things very quickly and I also like to keep her mind working. We live in Salt Lake City, UT and I have a passion for the outdoors including snowboarding, camping, hiking, kayaking and boating. Nikita loves the outdoors too, she has already been camping and hiking several times! I can't wait to take her out in the snow! I love my dog so much, but need some help training her since she is my first dog of my own! Thanks!;)
408393_4341260851891_1358664898_n.jpg

Dogster

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome to DTA!!!!!:D Nikita is TOO CUTE for words!!!!!!!!!!:love::love::love: We'd LOVE to see some more pics of Nikita!!! Please tell us what you need help with. If you need any tips or suggestions, we're happy to help!!!!;) Enjoy the site!!!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome to DTA!!!!!!!!!:D Nikita is just too too CUTE she's GORGEOUS!!!!!!:love::love::love: Yes please post more pics, we just adore pics of beautiful doggies. And ask any questions about training, you'll receive masses of really helpful, insightful advice, this forum is the best!
Have fun, do check out the funny threads, they'll make your day:LOL:

wobannon

Thanks everyone! It really sounds like I should get a clicker! So I'm definitely looking into that! I will also post more pictures soon, I take several every time we go anywhere! haha Nikita knows sit, lie down, shake, shake other paw, beg, and roll over. Does anyone have any other suggestions of tricks that aren't too hard for a puppy to learn? Thanks! :)

MaryK

Honored Member
How about 'circle' and 'tunnel'. She's got a very impressive list already, LOL trying to recall what I taught my boy when he was a puppy. You could start the first part of cop-cop she may not go onto the second yet, where you actually walk, but getting her to stand on your feet (wear trainers easier for the dog and your feet) is a good beginning to gain her confidence. Then as she gets a bit older and her balance gets better, you could then move onto the next step.

Look in the trick section, there are heaps of ideas for tricks. Some members have written down all the tricks their dogs can do, so go through the lists and chose the ones Nikita has a natural aptitude for, she'll show you what that is. Just watch her play. You may be able to capture 'bow' when she stretches after waking up. That's so cute too. When capturing a trick, remember to reward within ONE SECOND!

MaryK

Honored Member
Nikita is ADORABLE!!!!!:love: She's one big, fluffy white Teddy Bear! I want a cuddle!:love: Love the pic where you've managed to take her in the car mirror, great shot!(y)

Also, noticed one were she's crossing her paws. I would 'capture' that as one of her tricks. When she does it, click/treat give a verbal cue and voila you have a new trick to add to her list. (y)