Where do you keep your dog's kibble?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
An interesting question that I'd like to see the statistics for! :dogsmile:

Thanks for voting! :)

gsd4evr

I have one of those elevated dog feeders that has storage underneath for the food. So about half of a large back of dog food fits in there, and the rest stays in the original bag in a kitchen cabinet until Morgan eats the other stuff!

CollieMan

Experienced Member
We buy a mammoth sized sack of food at a time and keep the sack in a cupboard, but place some in a smaller bag which we dip into each day. Then we just top that up each time it empties.

storm22

Experienced Member
we also get a big bag at a time (now two big bags) and stick it in a bin next to our horse feed in the shed, and we fill containers up and stick them on top of the fridge, they also get meat but thats in the fridge

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, same as Storm. ^^ Exactly the same, actually. o-0 Haha! Great minds think alike. We get the 50-pound bags.

leema

I don't feed my 'cheap kibble' regularly, and because it's crap anyway, I don't really care how fresh it is so keep it in the bag. I use it as a low value training reward.

The good kibble, which is most of Clover's diet, is kept in the same bag I bought it in - but the bag has a clip seal along the top so it stays fresh.

dat123

Experienced Member
Three 10kg plastic barrel containers with screw lids, supplied by dog food manufacturer.
Top them up with big bags from pet shops.
3 dogs - 3 containers .... makes sense dosen't it !! LOL

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
dat123;6936 said:
Three 10kg plastic barrel containers with screw lids, supplied by dog food manufacturer.
Top them up with big bags from pet shops.
3 dogs - 3 containers .... makes sense dosen't it !! LOL
Is that three different brand/flavour of food??? :dogsmile:

bunjeebuddy

We buy the big 50 lb bag and divide it up into 2 large rubbermaid containers. We also buy biscuits in bulk and keep those in a large plastic container as well.

dat123

Experienced Member
Jean;6966 said:
Is that three different brand/flavour of food??? :dogsmile:
Yep, 3 different types...
9 yo ( arlie ) gets mature brand for inactive, arthritis condition, low-calorie. :dogtongue:
4 yo ( Delta )gets , high-energy, food allergy condition type food. :dogohmy:
2yo ( Talin ) gets , young dog, high- energy , active dog food. :dogbiggrin:

nereis

We buy a HUGE sack of Burns, and keep it in a plastic bin in the garage. Then we use that to fill up a plastic container kept in the cupboard every few days.

hockey390

They only sell my pups food in a max of 30 lb bags so I probably don't need to worry about keeping it air tight or not, but I use plastic air tight rubber made containers.

One big for the whole bag, and a smaller one for trips. I went to get food today and all they had was 15 lb bags.. That'll last me all of a week and a half :-\

storm22

Experienced Member
it is annoying when you go to get your big bag of dog biscuts and its not there, they only have small bags, we've gone through two little bags in the last couple of weeks cause they didnt have big ones of puppy biscuts for koda (for some reason they dont want to order any more puppy biscuts in) but its ok my vet sells it too so ill just go there

E

emmasmamma

I empty the bag into a sealable plastic container. We have a problem with grain moths if I don't. They can chew through the paper of the food bag.

storm22

Experienced Member
theres nothing worse than grian moths or weavels

they drive me crazy, we had to dump about 3 sacks of horse feed cause they wouldnt eat it

yoyopoodle

I didn't vote because I do a bunch, lol.

The food I get only comes in 33 lb bags, so I buy a new one every month... I keep most of it in the original bag in a cupboard, but have a smaller plastic container that holds a few day's worth.

In my boarding kennel we keep the food in sealed, airtight containers because it's hard to know how long it'll last... plus we're still getting rid of the mice...