What Does Your Dog Do That Is Cute?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I'll go first!
I could list about 100 things, but, one of our all time favorite habits of Buddy's is THIS:

"The Victory Lap"
Whenever we come home, Buddy races to the door to meet us, and literally quivers with joy, and makes a funny undescribable noise, sort of a whimper/whine sound, and leaps and throws himself up into our arms, sort of, and quivers, and THEN he explodes with joy and runs laps all around the house, all the while with the most hilarious expression:dogbiggrin: of crazy-happiness on his face!
He zooms around and around~ barely making the turns~ as fast as he can!!

THEN--he freezes himself into most composed, dignified sphinx position, like, "What? i didn't just lose my mind, i'm just sitting here all calm, see?" bah ha ha!

this cracks us up EVERY time, :msngiggle:we actually start get excited to witness the "Victory Lap" about a block away from home.

ozibe

Experienced Member
one of the things i love about my dog is that in the evening when i am in bed reading my book and having my milo, she comes up for a cuddle and lays her head on my chest with her nose touching my face, she then does a big relaxed sigh and goes off to sleep, sometimes has a dream or two, but she is always just within kissing reach so i can pop a kiss on her nose. I love these quite special cuddles at night.:dogbiggrin:

rockythepain

Kooky used to throw himself on his back each morning when he wakes up and starts moving his four legs in all direction until i sit next to him and start rubbing his belly :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Like you, I could write a book on the cute things my dogs do...but here's a few.
Zeke--When I get home, the second I come into view he goes into this crazy pogo-dog leaping frenzy. He'll jump straight up into the air, higher than I am tall, and just bounce. All his happiness just flows into his legs and he just flies in the air. When I come in, he lays on his back and will not move a muscle until he gets his belly rub. You can step over him and leave the room and he will look at you like, "Hey, don't you see me here looking all pathetic and needy??? You know you can't resist these eyes!!" Silly sweet boy. Also, he greets everyone with a handshake. But he doesn't just shake, he holds you. If you let go too soon, he paws the air to get you to hold him longer. He's a clingy boy. ^^

Mudflap--When we're working on a new trick and she's having trouble figuring it out, she talks. It's kind of a whine/grumble noise, like she's trying really hard and wants you to know it. It's almost like she's frustrated, but she just tries harder. She makes a similar noise when she's super excited to do a trick. For instance, at the peak of her excitement, if you ask for a leg weave, she'll do a crazy fast weave, combined with her whine/grumble all the way through it.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

I am smiling right now, ABSOLUTELY CRACKING UP at all of these TOOO TOO cute things all of your dogs do!! ADORABLE!!!

krazykai0905

Kai barks at things that she doesn't know. It's not like an aggressive bark, no, not at all. When she was about 9 weeks old, I showed her this funny looking ball that we got a year before, and she had no idea how to play with it. She hoped it would chase her and wrestle with her, so she'd bark and bark and bark, and make this funny sort of noise like she's barking but without closing her mouth. She'd then lay down and make the noises again, but not moving, like a cat would when it's stalking something. It's so cute.

I have a video of it, but it's a MOV file, so I don't think it'll load. It won't load on YouTube or WMM(or any other movie making program)

ryleighgirl

Ryleigh invented a game. She gets a ball and brings it to the top of the stairs. Drops the ball and watches it bounce down the stairs. As soon as it stops moving she races down the stairs grabs the ball and races back up the stairs. Then she drops the ball down the stairs again. She will do this over and over. Sometimes the ball gets stuck on the stairs and she will push it with her nose so she can watch it go down the rest of the way.

brenda taulbee

Kenzii is the sweetest right when she wakes up in the morning! She likes to go to her toy box, and every morning she picks a different toy. Her favorite is a goofy little green hippo though. Once she's got the toy she wants she holds it and will run between me and my partner doing full body wiggles and grumbling. It's so stinkin' cute! I tell her "Go get your mama!" and she runs after Sara grumbling and showing off her toy.