We're Back!

ncsugrad54

So I would just like to take a second to tell you guys how proud I am of Skye. She won 1
st place this past weekend with best trick (we actually did several tricks) at a local event. :)

also, I need some advice...What trick(s) do you guys think are the best in order to win? I don't want something where I have to drag a bunch of props around, and I don't think that she can do the cool tricks where she catches a frisbee in the air such as disc vaulting.

FYI we won doing bang trick, her jumping on my back, rebounding off me, and jumping into my arms.
Any other suggestions for public tricks?

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Congrats on first! Cop-cop (your feet on mine) is a really cute trick that doesn't require any props, people are usually impressed with that! Also, untying your shoes or taking taking off your socks are pretty impressive and the only prop it requires is that you wear socks and shoes that can be untied. Careful with the take off your socks one though, one time we were performing that trick for someone, and I think my socks must have been a little sweaty, because Chloe couldn't get my sock off and ended up pulling me onto the ground! :p

Honored Member
Last Christmas Holly won the "best trick by a small dog" by skateboarding. You just need one prop. In our case most of the other dogs could either shake hands, stand on their back feet or spin while standing on their back feet, so it wasn't a challenging win at all.
We wont be entering this year so other dogs can have a turn at winning (although I could enter Lewis instead.... :sneaky:)

Most of the big dog tricks were also shake hands, one (tried) to catch a frisby, and I think one might have rolled over.

You could do leg weaving.

ncsugrad54

We are trying skateboarding, it's coming along...sort of. She gets excited and keeps spinning around on the board and half the time is backwards (one end is smaller) also, I can get her to put 3 paws on there, but won't stay on for me to move it a little. She doesn't understand to run and jump on it either. Thoughts?

I was hoping to teach her the trick this week, but I think I have a slow BC