Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 2-3 hour walks a day

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

dogcrazy

Experienced Member
woopsie I forgot these options..
more than 5 hour of walking per day

My mom walks Carmel for half an hour in the morning, right after school I go for 1 hour or my sister and I go for a half an hour jog and then I go for half an hour walk or 1 hour of off leash.:)

Dogster

Honored Member
I voted 1 hour a day. It really depends on the weather. For example, right now it's really hard to drag Shivon out for a walk because as soon as she goes to the bathroom, she pulls me back home, LOL. In the spring, summer, and fall, her walks add up to 2 hours. I walk her less when it's hot. (Shivon can't deal well with cold or hot weather:confused:) But she always gets bathroom breaks, about 5 0r 6 per day, 5 minutes each. I also try to play with her in the backyard from 15-45 minutes every day. I do agility with her in the backyard a couple of times a week, and she has 1-hour agility classes every Wednesday. I also go with her to the dog park about every week or every two weeks.:)
There are days when we don't go on walks, I'll admit it, mostly due to bad weather. I try my best to exercise her every day. She's not a really active dog, she can sleep all day and not get any excercise.:rolleyes:(whippets...)

trickdogwoof

A quick 5 minute bathroom break first thing in the morning.
About 45 minutes of walking/running/obstacles around 10am.
20 minutes or so of tricks around noon at lunch. The roach coach comes around at work, and when Milo hears the horn, he knows its ready for action.
More tricks and running for 20 or 30 minutes around 4pm.
Bathroom break for 5 minutes around 6pm.
An hour walk/run at around 9pm.
On the weekend, we go to the beach and a few college campuses for tricks and blasting through them for a few hours.
He goes to work with me, so the above doesn't count the small breaks we take where we screw around, do tricks, show off for customers or passers-by. He also follows me around the shop, not sure if that counts as a walk.
Notice Milo in the background as I take pictures of a finished quick paintjob. That little squirt is always around.

Here's a picture of him hanging out while I colorsand and polish the paint on a hood. It took a bit of scrubbing to get the polishing compound out of his hair.

My right hand dog.

Honored Member
Holly has access to our backyard most of the day through a dog door and our house is large-ish so she runs around a lot at home and can go to the toilet when she likes. She only gets put in her crate at night and when no one is home (which isn't often, maybe once or twice a week she will be in there for the morning from 9-12).
I take her for a walk when I get home for at least an hour (usually more, unless it's raining). I walk her no matter the weather but if it is raining or really cold she wears a coat and I don't tend to stay out extra long so the walk is just 1 hour.

When it's nice out (or if I'm feeling stressed) I lose track of time and we usually end up being out for 1.5 hours, especially if Holly is playing with one of her friends at the park.
On nice days I usually do 30-40 minutes walking on the pavement (on-leash with a few off-leash bits when we walk through small parks), then 15-20 walking on gravel paths through the little forest thing near my house (off-leash) then finish at the park where we often see one or two of Holly's friends so she has a play. If it's raining we don't do the gravel path bit and just stay on the pavement longer (but usually still go to the park).
Holly loves running around off-leash (and I like watching her being so happy) so I try to let her off everyday.

Holly has obedience class (1 hour) on Saturday mornings and then we usually go to the dog park for an hour (instead of a walk) and she has agility (1 hour) on Tuesdays which is at the dog park so she plays with her friends before and after class. And I groom her every evening (except Tuesdays because we get home late).
We sometimes go to the beach on Sundays (but I'm not really a fan of the beach so we don't go as often as we could)

Anneke

Honored Member
We start with 45 minutes to an hour in the morning. My boyfriend takes them out for an hour to an hour and a half when he comes home, and then in the evening a 30 minute walk. In the weekends we often go for a hike in the woods or along the river, for about one to two hours.

MaryK

Honored Member
Unless it's very hot (which it is at present) Ra Kismet starts the day with 30 minutes or more, depending on how much time I have, soccer play and he runs constantly during that time, just takes a few seconds out to cool off in his plunge pool, it's always hot here:( . Now, with the very hot weather which both of us hate, he just goes out for a bathroom break.

He does an hours training, sometimes broken up into half hour sessions, mostly mid afternoon but at present just on sunset due to heat.

My partner will also play soccer with him when he comes home, generally for about 20 minutes or more.

Our walk is mostly late afternoon or after dark, depending on the heat factor. If it rains we still do all the above but have to train inside.

He goes occasionally to the dog park when I can persuade my partner to drive me there and has been to the beach a few times at night (I'm not a fan of the beach here during the day it's way too hot). These are only two places he can have a free run outside the house. The nearest 'park' if I can use that term for the scrub nearby, is full of burrs, makes it impossible to allow him to run free, we have to stay on the bicycle path on his leash. Envy your beautiful walk Holly!!!!!!!!!

He also has play times during the day, either soccer or 'killing a wrecked soccer ball' and I haven't counted the time he spends showing off tricks to people we meet on walks or to the doggy shops and vets.

Plus Ra Kismet will play inside the house, quiet games, nothing too boisterous, except when Maeve one of my cats, decides she wants to play chase with him!!!!!!!!:eek:

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
We usually walk for an hour in the mornings, but lately its been in the 40s in the morning; So lately we just play in the backyard for 30 minutes.

I work at home so I play with him all day, and we do trick training. I get a 2 hour break around 4 so I take him walking, jogging, hiking, or sometimes to the dog park. I try to vary what we do everyday so he doesn't get bored and predictable.

He recently hurt his paw at the dog park, so he is on kennel rest and light 20 minute walks. Which isn't working well for him. He is super hyper, he can't go even a day without a good 1 hour walk or he becomes a terror.