Update On The China Chicken Jerky Treat Ordeal

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Here's some more info you may find interesting - and/or scary. It's all so political; makes one wonder where the dogs' health enters in ... or is it all just about politics? :confused:
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/02/20/china-pet-treats.aspx?e_cid=20130220_PetsNL_art_3&utm_source=petnl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130220

I myself will never buy China treats again (and haven't for years) - but plenty will once they reappear - and they will. Makes me sad for the dogs who will pay with their lives. And they will. All for the almighty dollar.

M

moetrout

After getting my new pup right before Christmas we had many people buying our pup gifts for the holiday. I unfortunatley threw out most of them because they were chinese made treats. No way to take them back and I sure would NOT give those to someone else to feed to their dog. Maybe I should have dumped them in the field for the coyotes to get sick and die on? Don't take that comment too harshly. All those treats were disposed of and coyotes around here usually die of lead poisoning. :cautious:

MaryK

Honored Member
I haven't given my boys any treats made in China at all. I agree Jackie it's the almighty dollar, not the dog's health, which counts with corporations.

Poor Coyotes, I love them.

M

moetrout

I haven't given my boys any treats made in China at all. I agree Jackie it's the almighty dollar, not the dog's health, which counts with corporations.

Poor Coyotes, I love them.
Sorry, maybe I should have kept that comment to myself. Around here they are known to do some pretty awlful things. I raise chickens and everybody loves a chicken dinner. If I don't keep the coyotes and raccoons in check I would be overrun with them. I know people that have lost their entire flock due to these varmints. So anyway that is just my point of view. I do think they are beautiful animals......when they aren't trying to eat my chickens. Sorry for the off topic reply.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Sorry, maybe I should have kept that comment to myself. Around here they are known to do some pretty awlful things. I raise chickens and everybody loves a chicken dinner. If I don't keep the coyotes and raccoons in check I would be overrun with them. I know people that have lost their entire flock due to these varmints. So anyway that is just my point of view. I do think they are beautiful animals......when they aren't trying to eat my chickens. Sorry for the off topic reply.
I don't like Coyotes either. They are not natural to the U.S so they don't have a food source here. They eat my neighborhood cats and mine.:( I wish what dork brought them here would take the darn things back. They eat, rabbits, cats, Chickens.

LeviTheOutlaw

My mom had bought some of those chicken jerky treats for her dogs. She bought them at Sam's club and apparently they called her and told her about the recall. She returned them and the dogs are fine. We have both decided that for now on we are going to make our own dog treats. I'll feel better about knowing what they are eating and save money too. I made the liver cookies that are posted on this site. My dogs LOVE them!! Next weekend Mom is bringing over the dehydrator and we are going to make sweet potato jerky for them.

Dogster

Honored Member
I will ALWAYS check the back of the package and I will NEVER buy any kind of treats made in China, or containing ingredients from China.

If the meat is too dangerous to feed to us, then it's too dangerous to feed to our pets!!!

I agree, it's all about the money, that's what's important. Not the lives of our best friends and companions.:cautious:

M

moetrout

I will ALWAYS check the back of the package and I will NEVER buy any kind of treats made in China, or containing ingredients from China.

If the meat is too dangerous to feed to us, then it's too dangerous to feed to our pets!!!

I agree, it's all about the money, that's what's important. Not the lives of our best friends and companions.:cautious:
We're doing the same. It's not that hard to find good treats if you watch the package.