Trick Challenge: Stand Tall Back To Back

running_dog

Honored Member
Ripleygirl - If your computer plays video using something like Quicktime, if you go into "File" in the menu bar will usually give you an option to "Export" and it gives you options for different sizes.

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Hi running_dog: So sorry for not videotaping any of our training sessions or the trick itself -- I find it tricky to videotape on my own. I haven't gotten around to videotaping the trick but I have worked on it off and on.

That being said, I think I'll skip this challenge and wait for the next one, but still work on this trick and videotape and upload it when I get the chance. I am hoping to find some time to work on the trick with her this week!

running_dog

Honored Member
Here is River's 'Back to Back' challenge. It is not perfected, but he did pretty well.
He's done very well - he knows what you want. Were you asking him to stand tall or was that something he was just offering?

Watching the first part of your video I was reminded of something I saw from Susan Garrett (about heel work I think) where she said about not just training the dog where you want it to be but making the correct position be very rewarding, which is really obvious but something I forget. I should have done more of that with Zac sitting back to back. Maybe I'll take a couple of steps back and do that now with him. Thanks :).

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
He's done very well - he knows what you want. Were you asking him to stand tall or was that something he was just offering?

Watching the first part of your video I was reminded of something I saw from Susan Garrett (about heel work I think) where she said about not just training the dog where you want it to be but making the correct position be very rewarding, which is really obvious but something I forget. I should have done more of that with Zac sitting back to back. Maybe I'll take a couple of steps back and do that now with him. Thanks :).
Thanks! Glad we could help! I didn't specifically ask him to stand, but was surprised that he offered it a bit.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Ok so firstly I have never video'd before so sorry for the terrible quality of the vids etc!!:oops: We have a long way to go on this but here we go:

Ripley does not seem to hold beg very long (working on it!). I will post again when I am up and about properly and also want to work on the stand tall too.

Sorry it is so long. I don't know how to edit videos (any tips would be greatly appreciated)!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I think everyone's submissions are great! Having never participated in a trick challenge before I would just like to thank everyone for participating and making it fun and motivating to trick train! The challenge adds another dimension to the training! Thank you Running_dog for starting this up!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Ok so firstly I have never video'd before so sorry for the terrible quality of the vids etc!!:oops: We have a long way to go on this but here we go:

Ripley does not seem to hold beg very long (working on it!). I will post again when I am up and about properly and also want to work on the stand tall too.

Sorry it is so long. I don't know how to edit videos (any tips would be greatly appreciated)!
It says the video is private...

running_dog

Honored Member
I think everyone's submissions are great! Having never participated in a trick challenge before I would just like to thank everyone for participating and making it fun and motivating to trick train! The challenge adds another dimension to the training! Thank you Running_dog for starting this up!
I needed motivating to get back to training so this seems like a really good way :). It has kept me much more focussed and I really appreciate that all of you have joined in. It makes it so much more fun. And I've learned so much from watching the videos, both from watching mine and seeing how I train from outside me and from watching all of yours too.

Thank you Ripleygirl and all of you for joining in this challenge.

running_dog

Honored Member

Wow! You've done a great job of getting Ripley to accept sitting back to back instead of back to front :). She's really getting the hang of it! It'll be great if you can post a stand tall video too when you get there :cool: .

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Wow! You've done a great job of getting Ripley to accept sitting back to back instead of back to front :). She's really getting the hang of it! It'll be great if you can post a stand tall video too when you get there :cool: .
Thank you! She is getting it now, it really helped with your pointers too, made me think about what I was doing and what she was doing! Really enjoyed everyone's videos, it is great to see how everyone has go about training.

I will definately be posting a stand tall too when I can.

MaryK

Honored Member
Here is how far we have gotten with standing back to back. Not perfect yet, but we are still working on it. I'm not going to be able to work with Chloe any more today or tomorrow, so this is my "submission" to the trick challenge.
That's fabulous work. Leaf's got a way to go yet. Her stand tall isn't good, she either jumps up at/on me or sits there looking woebegone!:oops: