Trick Challenge: Hide Your Eyes

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Yay, Missy Got It. So I was eating french fries when I looked down at Missy and she did shame!! I did not cue her or tell her she just did it. I had her do "shame" a few more times and she did, yay! Of course she got some french fries for being such a smart girl. Miss Piper is still working on it, and getting closer.
Well done Missy! It is such a great feeling when a dog offers something you have been teaching and then proves it too when you ask for it! Love it! Piper will definately get there too, she is one smart cookie!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Finally... here is another video of Zac still not doing the trick... LOL
Well done guys, you will get there. I have been trying to get Ollie to try to learn something in the form of a trick too while he is staying with us (still why I have not managed to film Ripley yet) and he just does not get anything, it gives me hope seeing Zac's progress though, you will get there!

MaryK

Honored Member
Now I feel really guilty for not getting Zac's video done!
I wanted to get the next challenge up though.
All being well I'll watch your video and catch up on the rest of the Challenge threads tomorrow... and get Zac's videoed and posted
Sleep well!
LOL oh please don't feel guilty I didn't have a job interview the next day, otherwise I too would have been in bed sleeping!

Looking forward to seeing Zac's video:)

"Fraid getting a good long sleep is a bit tricky as Ms. Leaf doesn't believe in people sleeping when she's awake and wants to be up and 'doing stuff'. LOL the little tinker leaps straight on top of you, you become a kind of trampoline and trust me, you CANNOT sleep through her administrations!:rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
Yay, Missy Got It. So I was eating french fries when I looked down at Missy and she did shame!! I did not cue her or tell her she just did it. I had her do "shame" a few more times and she did, yay! Of course she got some french fries for being such a smart girl. Miss Piper is still working on it, and getting closer.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D (y) That's totally awesome Missy did it without even being cued!!!!!!!!!!!! And it wasn't just a 'one off' either as she repeated it for you.:D:love:

Quite rightly so, she well deserved those french fries for being such a smart young lady!!!!!!!!! Miss Piper will soon be following in her Big Sister's paw steps and doing 'shame' like a pro!:D

MaryK

Honored Member
Leaf is doing great. And LOL at the end your camera man got distracted and started filming your very beautiful cat.:ROFLMAO:
Thank you Leaf almost did it yesterday, not quite, but almost!:D LOL yes young Maeve did somewhat steal Leaf's spotlight and the camera man's attention - show off cat!:D:rolleyes: She is beautiful though but sheds like crazy!

MaryK

Honored Member
He keeps thinking... How do I do this? Lift paw, bend head. Nope missed it. Bend head, lift paw? Nope didn't work...
It has to do with the way he positions himself. He lies down all relaxed and then uses the leg he is lying on. But he still hasn't figured out that he can use his other leg.
But his face cracks me up and he is trying so hard, so I reward him anyway, just because he is so darn cute:D
He's priceless but sure does deserve a reward for trying!!!!!!!!!! Love the expression on his face, had me laughing like crazy!:ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
Yes, the Chattahoochee is a river. Here is a picture. You take a round sturdy float(tube) down the river.
Thank you so much Danielle.:D Sure looks like a whole load a fun - I wanna come too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though, LOL Ms. Leaf will stay firmly running down the bank, she's not exactly into water of any sort.:eek:

Lovely looking river too, must be such fun!!!!!!:D

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL your kitty was getting very jealous of all the attention Leaf was getting! And just like a cat she was so persistent that she managed to steal the show in the end.
Leaf is so very serious about this trick isn't she? I think she is going to have a marvellously guilty looking shame when she really figures this out.
The bow with shy sounds fun too.
LOL yes Maeve sure was determined to capture Leaf's spotlight - typical cat!:D:rolleyes: She's very persistent in everything, nothing stops her when her mind's made up to do something! And my camera man succumbed to her wiles too!:rolleyes:

LOL Leaf is very serious about this trick, wish the vid was clear enough to show the little 'frown' she gets when she's being ultra serious, it's just so cute. Yes once she get's it she'll really have a guilty looking shame!

I'll ask my camera man to vid Leaf's crossed paw bow Shy, it's just so cute and she did that all herself! One more way of getting my attention and letting me know she's not only cute but smart!

MaryK

Honored Member
Well done you two! You are doing great! Love the idea of the bow shy too!

So typical of a cat the way she behaved too! Every show is a cat's show no matter who the star of the vid is meant to be! :ROFLMAO:
Thank you so much! I'll have to ask camera man to vid Leaf's shy bow, she did that all by herself, proving she's not just a pretty face!

Yep sure is typical of a cat, and Maeve just LOVES to steal someone's thunder!:rolleyes:

running_dog

Honored Member
But he does have a beautiful paw lift:D I'm in the same boat, Leaf's not quite getting she doesn't need my support, and her always reaches out for me, so Zac's one ahead on that score!:)
LOL if we teach "Do as I do" really well maybe we can just mime shame to our dogs and they will get the idea... or not :LOL::rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL if we teach "Do as I do" really well maybe we can just mime shame to our dogs and they will get the idea... or not :LOL::rolleyes:
LOL already tried the 'Do as I do" method with shy/shame. Not sure I quite look 'dog like' enough when I mine it as Leafy just looks at me as if to say "Am I supposed to click/treat you?" "What the heck are you doing?". I think we're on the 'or not' side at this stage!:confused: :LOL:

She has learned other tricks using this method, just not shy/shame!:rolleyes::LOL:

running_dog

Honored Member
LOL already tried the 'Do as I do" method with shy/shame. Not sure I quite look 'dog like' enough when I mine it as Leafy just looks at me as if to say "Am I supposed to click/treat you?" "What the heck are you doing?". I think we're on the 'or not' side at this stage!:confused: :LOL:

She has learned other tricks using this method, just not shy/shame!:rolleyes::LOL:
Have you tried breaking it down rather than lumping it all together? So get her to understand different paw and leg positions with "Do as I do" and then separately teach different head positions using "Do as I do". I'm pretty sure it is just about expanding the dog's understanding of what parts of our bodies equate to theirs.