Training Toob

MaryK

Honored Member
Love it, can never carry high value treats, the PHEW factor would be ghastly by the end of a walk. Not to mention the mess! Would also love one of the poop bags too.

But cannot find if they have international shipping and if they do, will the cost be prohibitive?

The hunt is on for one in Australia!

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Mary K, if you are looking for a poo bag dispenser (holding clean poo bags), I am positive there are patterns for it on Ravelry, the knitting/crochet site. If you are looking for something to hold, uh, filled poo bags, you can use a binder clip, clipped to the leash. They are very strong.

As for high value treats, my favs are the freeze dried meats, not gooey and very little stink (except for the livers, which really stink) but the cost is prohibitive for me. Luckily, Calvin is ga-ga even for kibbles so I don't need to use many.

MaryK

Honored Member
Mary K, if you are looking for a poo bag dispenser (holding clean poo bags), I am positive there are patterns for it on Ravelry, the knitting/crochet site. If you are looking for something to hold, uh, filled poo bags, you can use a binder clip, clipped to the leash. They are very strong.

As for high value treats, my favs are the freeze dried meats, not gooey and very little stink (except for the livers, which really stink) but the cost is prohibitive for me. Luckily, Calvin is ga-ga even for kibbles so I don't need to use many.
Thank you so much A & C. I'm heading over to Ravelry straight after answering your post. Funny, I recall someone told me about the site ages ago and I couldn't for the life of me remember it's name, thanks a million, I'll book mark it! I love knitting and crochet too, so will be grand all ways around!(y):D

I've got a binder clip, though it maybe a bit too small, but they're easily available, so will get one. Never thought of that idea, you're a genius!:D(y)

LOL actually with treats both Ra Kismet and Zeus are the same as Calvin, they go ga ga over just plain old Kibble, I think it's more me who likes to give High Value treats, makes me feel all warm an fuzzy:LOL: But will get some of the freeze dried meats, not the liver if it stinks, another grand idea. Thanks a million(y):D

Just joined, waiting for my sign up email YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

southerngirl

Honored Member
I'm so jealous of you guys who can knit and crochet. I've tried both(really want to crochet) but I'm a fail at them.

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm so jealous of you guys who can knit and crochet. I've tried both(really want to crochet) but I'm a fail at them.
Don't give up Southerngirl with the crochet. For years I felt I 'couldn't crochet', mainly due though NOT because she said or did anything purely my own thoughts, to the fact my late Grandmother was an absolutely amazing person when it came to crochet. She never used a pattern but her work was absolutely fantastic and she was so fast too!

It wasn't until I realize I could do the same that I started to try again. I'm still not up to her speed or ability, but at least with a pattern I can produce a decent article.

Keep trying young lady and LOL I'll click/treat you all the way:D(y)

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you. I'm going to keep trying and messing up until I get it. Hopefully it'll click soon so I can make some things for Missy and Chase.

made me laugh so hard:ROFLMAO:
Way to go Southerngirl, remember, there is no such thing as failure, it's just a stepping stone to success!:LOL:(y) Think of Edison and the light bulb, had he given up we'd all be crocheting by candle or gas light - very bad for the eyes!:rolleyes::)

If you need any help, p.m. me and I'll try to help you.

And don't forget to post pics of Missy and Chase wearing their super 'made by Mom' designer wear!

Dogster

Honored Member
I want everything from that site now. I think I'll just buy it all for Remi for Christmas.:D
But it's not really for Remi, is it??? LOL:ROFLMAO:

We need to start a support group. Some people are addicted to buying clothes and jewlery, we're addicted to buying stuff for our dogs!!!:LOL:

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Thank you. I'm going to keep trying and messing up until I get it.
Somewhere I remember reading of a well known knitter/designer who encouraged other well-knowns to display the 'skeletons' from the bottom of their closets -- their early attempts at knitting, which amounted to a frightening amount of uneven scarves, lumpy mittens, and sweaters that Gumby wouldn't have been able to wiggle into :) Remember, you have to produce a certain amount of horrors before you make something useable ! Might as well get the horror show out of the way now, so you'll be making stuff before you know it.

I should admit that I've never learned to knit. I like crocheting, it's the better of the two for making odd-shaped items, so I've stuck with it. Knitting can make a lighter, smoother fabric for wearing, if making sweaters is your main interest. If making "stuff" to use is your interest, I'd learn crochet first.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
But it's not really for Remi, is it??? LOL:ROFLMAO:

We need to start a support group. Some people are addicted to buying clothes and jewlery, we're addicted to buying stuff for our dogs!!!:LOL:
Oh my gosh we do! I spend more money on my dog then I ever have on myself! I feel like he needs everything I see. I can't go to any pet store without buying at least 3 things. Its just too much fun to buy things for our dogs. Plus I love having cool stuff for him to play with and nice collars and leashes to wear! :D I have an addiction to dog stuff :ROFLMAO:

Anneke

Honored Member
I think I need that secret agent collar!! I don't know how many times I have locked myself out, when taking the dogs for a walk:rolleyes::D Since they always have their collars on, I would always have a key with me:p

And noooo I neeeveeer buy stuff for my dogs.... Three crates of dogtoys(even though they only play with a few favorite toys) collars, leashes...
I am soooo in love with the new denim rose design from Rogz... I am going to a dogshow in a few weeks and will buy this collar and probably the leash for Jinx. And maybe get a new collar for Cooper.