Toys For Missy While I'm At School.

southerngirl

Honored Member
So school is starting back up and I'm hoping to find affordable toys to keep Missy busy while I'm at school. I'm at school from 6:00-2:30. When I say affordable I mean I only have $30 at the moment. I know about kongs they can be a bit pricey Miss would probably need the black one. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.:D

Ariel

Experienced Member
I'll make a list of my cheaper toys that I've got.

Cow Hooves - $1 approx.
Pros: Cheap and last a while.
Cons: Can be ingested in large chunks by the most powerful of chewers.

Pig Ears: $1.50 approx.
Pros: Cheap and a doggy favorite.
Cons: Can be fattening, and some dogs can't digest them as well.

Bully Stick (prices vary from $1-8 depending on the size of bully stick.
Pros: Dogs love them and they are totally digestable.
Cons: Some dogs can chew through them quite quickly.

Busy Buddy Jack $15.50 (online)
Pros: Will stand up to the toughest of chewers and takes time to get at the chews inside.
Cons: You will need to buy replacement chewing discs.

Busy Buddy Tug-a-Jug $16.50 (online)
Pros: Can be filled by food or treat of your choice.
Cons: Can be annoyingly loud.

I'm sure I could list the cost of other things my dogs would call favorite toys from my room, but I'm pretty sure they would start listing out of my laundry hamper. xD Clothes are always a favorite!

Dlilly

Honored Member
I bought my black cong ball online for a fair price. Buying a good cong toy that you can stuff meat and peanut butter in, then freeze it, may be cheaper in the long run than buying treats throughout the year. They have all sorts of different model of cong toys you can buy now!

Oh, and I bought a giant bone for my dogs, and they just chewed the good flavor off, and it had a big hole on the inside, so I stuffed it with food! That might be a great idea for Missy!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Thank You guys for your replies:D Missy usually stays at home and sleeps but this year I want to make sure she has something to do.

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Extreme kongs are fairly cheaper than that!! I got a large extreme kong, in my country, with importation fees and everything, for $25, but I did get the medium and large regular ones at Amazon for less money, like $10-15! I'm checking amazon right now and the X-Large Extreme Kong is $14. You have to add shipping of course but it's not really expensive.

My dogs love them even without any food in it!

jackienmutts

Honored Member
I've also got the Tug-A-Jug and a couple other of the Busy Buddies - and they LOVE those. It keeps them working for their kibble. Ya gotta search all over for them when you get home, no tellin' where they might be - but that's half the fun. :D Of course, that could then be a whole new trick to teach -- bring it to you upon your return each day (like mine do with their kongs - so I don't have to hunt them down). :LOL::ROFLMAO:

A Busy Buddy one day with kibble in it, a kong one day with whatever in it and frozen, a bully stick one day, etc ... shoot, Missy will be sayin' hey, what time do you leave?? :ROFLMAO:

Dice Smith

I say get her a Nylabone. I got Kodi's for Christmas last year and he still chews on it. It's lasted him a really long time and I only payed like $6 or $7 dollars for it at Petsmart. He isn't a super crazy chewer though, so I don't know if this will work for Missy or not. I'm obsessed with Petsmart though. :rolleyes: They have a lot of really affordable toys and at our Petsmart by us they have a whole clearence aisle with toys that are really cheap! :eek: They had Kong balls for $3! I'm a total bargain shopper lol. Hope this helps! :D

southerngirl

Honored Member
Thank you so much Dice. It sounds like I need to go to petsmart and find some toys. I'm not sure if Missy is strong chewer cause the only things she has chewed is stuffed animals and tug toys(her favorite toy.

Pawbla

Experienced Member
The Busy Buddies look wonderful.

She doesn't sound like a strong chewer. You'd know if you'd have one, haha. Those usually chew through EVERYTHING, they are usually big breeds with strong jaws like pits or GSDs or rottweilers.

Mutt

Experienced Member
everybody has already given great tips!

Maybe you can give her a treat ball with her breakfast in it, that way she is busy quite some time getting the food out and also has some braintraining, while she gets her breakfast.
(I have no idea which brands you have for this in the US/how much they cost)
something like this:

boomer treatball

Kong wobbler

although I wouldn't give any toy without supervision (but your mom was home always right or am I confussing you with someone else? :ROFLMAO:)