The Refridgerator Bandit Strikes Again!

MaryK

Honored Member
After staying up until 5.a.m. to watch the final Grand Prix of the Seasons, I fell into bed and straight to sleep, perchance to dream --- not!

At around 6.30.am. I was awakened by the sound of Ra Kismet giving forth with his 'hey my Big Bro is being mean to me" bark. As it's quite a loud, piercing yelping type of bark it is somewhat hard to ignore, even when sound asleep, so with great reluctance I pealed one eye half open to assess the situation.

What I saw did rather amaze me. Zeus was, as is his usual style, lying across the bedroom doorway nothing Ra Kismet couldn't tackle. After all, everyone, dogs, cats and humans, is used to either jumping or stepping over the recumbent form of Zeus sprawled in a doorway, so why not this morning. Was it really necessary to wake me up?

A tad disgruntled, I firmly closed my eye and attempted to return to the welcoming arms of sleep only to be once more alerted by Rakins. This time with even greater urgency!

Not being able to resist any longer, and with absolutely no chance of further sleep, I got out of bed to investigate why on earth Rakins wasn't able to leap gracefully and quietly over Zeus, and allow me to slumber on in peace. As my foot hit the floor I felt a slippery, wet, 'something', quite disgusting when you're still three quarters asleep, under my foot. Looking down I felt a little queasy as it appeared to be some reguritated matter, however I gingerly pressed on only to discover Zeus was religiously resource guarding something which on closer examination turned out to be a Cauliflower!

Thinking I was still asleep and a party to a Mad Hatter type dream I looked around and discovered an entire trail of debris all of which bore a strong resemblance to that of a trash can being upended.

Following this disgusting trail into the kitchen I discovered the source a wide open refrigderator door. And an awful lot of the contents of the refrigderator missing.

Heaving sighs I cleaned up the mess and the list of stolen items was, one cauliflower (discovered in the culprits paws, strong evidence against him for theft) an entire package of double brie cheese, an entire package of vegitarian sausages,half a tub of cream, four corn on the cob (the remains of which were the disgusting mess I originally stood on when first getting out of bed) half a container of tofu, a bunch of celery, some rejected and somewhat soggy lettace (obviously not to Zeus' taste) and two carrots. Fortunately he didn't touch any of my partner's food, otherwise I would have had some explaining to do, but as it is he's not even noticed the missing items! PHEW!!!!!!!!!

This is the second time Zeus has opened the Refrigderator door, but last time thank goodness, I caught him before he could help himself. And before anyone applauds Zeus for being so clever, I have to add that the magnetic mechanism which automatically shuts the door if certain parties (namely partner) do not fully close the door, is not working properly thus making it extremely easy for Zeus to go on a 'serve yourself' rampage.

Actually the REAL perpetrator of this dastardly crime is my partner. He has a very bad habit of not fully ensuring the door has properly closed thus leaving it, literally, wide open for opportunistic dogs to raid.

And no, Zeus does not have the so richly deserved tummy ache either. And yes, after cleaning up the mess, I did get some more sleep.

MaryK

Honored Member
Haha great story, sorrry bit I laughed out loud!!
And whether the magnetic mechanism worked or not I still find it clever :D
Glad though Zeus doesn't have a tummu ache.
Hope you slept peacefully further..
Reluctantly I have to agree though LOL didn't think so yesterday! Yes I did manage to get some more sleep, thank goodness!

MaryK

Honored Member
:eek: :ROFLMAO::D:p:cool:

You should write their memoirs; wonderfully told!!!!

Keep us updated on the incidents progress to assure us that everything comes safely out...the...errmmm....other end.
Thank you :D Actually Jazzy and Veronica, I am writing Ra Kismet's memoirs as a young puppy:D;)

Eerrrh the 'evidence' was clearly present when everything umm issued forth from the nether regions, without too much detail, trying to put this delicately, corn shows up very clearly:whistle: Seems Zeus has a cast iron stomach!

MaryK

Honored Member
Love the way you told the story!!! Great post!!!:D I'm glad Zeus is okay, he had one heck of a meal!!:eek: Hope you don't go hungry...;)
Thank you Dogster:) You should have seen his tum, bloated is an understatement and he didn't even burp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: I managed to find some food left for me to eat.:rolleyes: Though not quite what I had planned!:D

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Oh noooooo!!!!!!!! :eek: I must admit, I sat here and laughed thru the whole story. :LOL::ROFLMAO: Glad to hear everything ... ummm...... came out all right .... :ROFLMAO: cuz ... well ..... you know...... :confused::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Nice to know Rakins demands law and order in the house, and will tell on Zeus when things just aren't right - or is it only when he doesn't get his share of cauliflower???? :D:LOL::ROFLMAO: Sorry, still laughing....... can't help it!!!!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh noooooo!!!!!!!! :eek: I must admit, I sat here and laughed thru the whole story. :LOL::ROFLMAO: Glad to hear everything ... ummm...... came out all right .... :ROFLMAO: cuz ... well ..... you know...... :confused::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Nice to know Rakins demands law and order in the house, and will tell on Zeus when things just aren't right - or is it only when he doesn't get his share of cauliflower???? :D:LOL::ROFLMAO: Sorry, still laughing....... can't help it!!!!!
LOL yes umm everything has come out - was concerned but Zeus, like Rakins, has a cast iron stomach:rolleyes:

Oh yes, Rakins demands law and order in the house, when HE'S not the one committing a crime!:D:confused::rolleyes: But ummmm, methinks maybe he would have liked some of the ill gotten gains as wellO_o:LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
Quick follow up! Partner has just come in and demanded to know 'where was HIS corn"! And I thought all had gone unnoticed yesterday. I eerrh had to explain, putting in a plea for mercy on the grounds that a certain party hadn't fully ensured the door was closed,thus giving Zeus the thought he was being given permission to self serve.

Zeus received his 'punishment' - the remains of the Wagyu Beef which partner decided wasn't fit to eat now the refridgerator had become 'contaminated' by Zeus. Mournfully stating that that was his lunch for tomorrow:cry:

LOL some punishment, Zeus went positively boss-eyed and of course Rakins also received half, he at least had the good grace to 'sit pretty' when offered his share. Zeus just guzzled down his ill gotten 'punishment' with much relish!

And who says crime doesn't pay!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::cool::p