Stick 'Em Up?

ladybrat

Hi all,

My 5 month old pup Loki is a rockstar at "bang". But I can't seem to get him to balance on his bum for "sit handsome"...he knows to sit up but has to hold on to my wrist for stability. If he lets go, he falls.

Anyways, can anyone suggest how to teach the stick 'em up trick to a wobbly dog? I know he would fall into a play dead if I said "bang" from there, I just don't know how to get him there...

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

jackienmutts

Honored Member
All great advice from tx cowgirl, and only to add .. keep in mind that they all sit up at different speeds/paces depending on their build, body length, etc, as it takes very strong back muscles to hold them up. So do proceed only as fast as he can, cuz he's gotta get those back muscles into shape. Just keep working with him, little by little, he'll get it. :-)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
There's no harm for them, right? My dog is pretty thickbodied kinda, (50 lbs) for a BC, sorta. You know how some BCs have a more slenderish body style, buddy is not one of those.
No danger in teaching him this, right? like to his spine or his pelvis or anything?