Started To Train Bella To Jump Over My Arms

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks' started by TiflovesBCs, May 22, 2012.

1. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Here's her first session

I can already tell that I might struggle with moving from obstacles and still get her to jump over my arm, she tends to go round things rather than over, but we'll see how she does after more training with the obstacles.
    If anyone has any tips for when i do eventually try to move from obstacles let me know thanks
    Dogster, tigerlily46514, SD&B and 2 others like this.

2. Pawtential Unleashed Experienced Member

The only thing I might suggest is using only one arm for now instead of switching sides after each jump, lowering your arm a bit to make it easier and then after say 10 reps of lured - wait her out and see if she will offer the behavior...
    Dogster, southerngirl and TiflovesBCs like this.
  3. southerngirl Honored Member

what I did is laid on the floor so I could put my arm flat on the ground and had Missy walk over it than little by little I put my arm a little higher, and like Pawtential said only teach one arm at a time because it can confuse her.
    Dogster and TiflovesBCs like this.
  4. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Thanks was following kikopups video of doing both arms.
  5. southerngirl Honored Member

Some dogs will get confused by this others will not it depends, because your having trouble getting her to go over your arms without an obstacles it might be easier to teach one at a time.
  6. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

WONDERFUL WORK THERE TIF!! Way way cool!!! Bella looks like she is so so enjoying the lesson!!!
    Ripleygirl likes this.
  7. Dogster Honored Member

AWESOME!!!! Great work!!!!!:D Bella looks like she's having fun!!!!
    TiflovesBCs and southerngirl like this.
  8. dogcrazy Experienced Member

Great work!
    Dogster likes this.