So sorry

ponygirl

:msnsad:I know that it has been a while since I signed up and since my last post. But I am sure that all of you dog lovers will understand. Dwight, my constant companion and loyal friend of the last 15 1/2 years has been having some health problems off and on, for the last 6 months, and since I knew in my heart that we were on borrowed time, I was trying to take up time with him while I could. Barely a week ago he was helping me with the lambs and teaching his daughter the ropes ( I no longer allowed him to help with the adults, because I didn't want him to get hurt, but he loved to work so much, so the lambs became his job) (oh yeah he's an Australian Shepherd). Well Wed. he started feeling really bad and he steadily got worse and Thursday for the first time in many years he was unable to go with me to do the morning chores. My best friend passed at 5:00 yesterday with me right by his side. Please be patient with me and perhaps in a few weeks, I will feel like doing more with my other dogs. In the meantime, Happy Training to all of you here and above all enjoy your furry friends while they are here, life is shorter than you think.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about your loss ponygirl... Dogs are definitely part of the family and it's important to cherish the special moments together. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

good_doggie

Sorry about Dwight. Even though that he passed away, he is still always there by your side when you pray to God to take care of him.And always remember, he may be in doggie heaven.